Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
UK & Irish Free Searches on Ancestry

For those of you who have British & Irish rellies in your tree there is apparently a free Ancestry weekend for you.

Researchers who aren't currently subscribed to Ancestry will be pleased to hear that there is currently a free weekend offer running.

It's running now, and will run until the end of Monday, UK time (BST).

To take advantage, go to

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/free-access

The full list of available records is at
https://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/group/uk_collections

(You can use the categories tab after a search to home in on a database.)

The "small print" says:
"To view these records you will need to register for free with Ancestry.co.uk with your name and email address. We will then send you a user name and password to access the records. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using an Ancestry.co.uk paid membership.".

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Re: UK & Irish Free Searches on Ancestry

That bit - After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using an Ancestry.co.uk paid membership.". - is very, very important.

I took advantage a couple of months ago of accessing free canadian records, saved them to my shoebox only to find I cannot acces them again. Too eager you see to take advantage of free stuff to bother reading small print!! Silly me.
Lyn

Oh thanks Elaine , i will have a search , no doubt find more questions then answers !! x
Darran

Hi Lyn,

I remember when we first started letting folks know of "Free Access" that you have to let them i.e. Ancestry know you don't want the subscription after the allotted time. I would suggest always print off material if you are obtaining it free.It may not be there as you found when you took advantage of the Free Access some time ago.

I heard about it from my Northamptonshire Mailing List so it is good for all parts of the UK. I have a subscription so not able to follow through to check the free access out.

Elaine in slightly cooler Ottawa. High of 31 deg today.

Instant Messenger: Skype