Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
36 Surbition street attercliffe

Hi can anyone throw some light on this for me.

I have relatives, Issac and Elizabeth Bunting living at different houses on Surbiton Street Attercliffe, from 1881 till 1930 they lived at numbers 14, 40, 16, 24, and maybe others.

all their children where born on the street, but on their baptisms it always says "of 36 Surbiton St"

I have been through the censuses thinking it might be a doctors or midwife, but no, it is just another house with different familys living there over the years. mainly coal miners

Could I of missed something does anyone know anything about number 36 Surbiton Street?

not wanting to bore you I have just listed 5 of the 8 children.

BUNTING, Joseph Walter (of 36 Surbiton St, born 1877-08-01).
Baptised October 31, 1883, by J W Merryweather at St Bartholomew, Carbrook.
Parents name(s) are Elizabeth & Isaac (Miner).

BUNTING, John (of 36 Surbiton St, born 1883-04-23).
Baptised October 31, 1883, by J W Merryweather at St Bartholomew, Carbrook.

BUNTING, Anne (of 36 Surbiton St, born 1886-01-03).
Baptised February 10, 1886, by Chas I Bickerstaff at St Bartholomew, Carbrook.

BUNTING, William (of 36 Surbiton St, born 1890-11-29).
Baptised December 17, 1890, by W Greenwood at St Bartholomew, Carbrook.

BUNTING, Ada (of 36 Surbiton St, born 1896-09-15).
Baptised October 7, 1896, by H Hill Merryweather at St Bartholomew, Carbrook.
Parents name(s) are Elizabeth & Isaac (Miner) Note: ~

Many thanks to everyone that a has a go Lorraine :slightly_smiling_face:

Re: 36 Surbition street attercliffe

All 8 baptisms took place between Oct 31 1883 and Oct 7 1896. So between those dates they lived at 36 Surbiton Street. Outside those dates others could have lived at that address
Dave

Thanks for sorting that for me Dave.

You don't happen to have 1921 census for the family. My ancestry sub dosn't cover 1921

In 1921 the family were living at 16 Surbiton St. I can send more details if you need them.

Jenny

sorry Jenny Ive been away. yes please send me detail it will be greatly appreciated.. lorraine

Isaac Bunting, collier, of 36 Surbiton Street gave evidence at an inquest into the death of Joseph Williams in 1889 at the Tinsley Park Colliery.
Friday, Jan. 18, 1889
Publication: Sheffield Evening Telegraph

A pretty low newspaper profile otherwise.

An baptism address search *36 Surbiton* also has baptisms for Frederic Allsopp 1897, Henry Daykin 1899, Mary Elizabeth Daykin 1902, & Charles Edney Turnton 1879. This gives some parameters for the Buntings at the address. Try that kind of search for the other addresses.

A search for Bunting, father Isaac, has parents Isaac & Elizabeth at Crown Yard, London Road, in 1881 (2 baptisms).

Hi Lorraine

I've tried to send you an email but it just bounces back. Could you send me an email and then I can reply.

Thanks

Jenny

hi Terry,
Thanks for the newspaper info, I really appreciate the info. Ill see if I can find more on this.

The Issac and Elizabeth at London road are not his family, his dad was Issac Bunting born 1815 married Ann fritchley born 1816 at Crich Derbyshire, he died 1857 swanwick derbyshire. This man is so hard to find are get any info on. He is missing off most of the censues, luckily he had a few children and I found him on their baptisums otherwise there would be no trace of him. I would of asked for help on here but it was before the family came to Sheffield.
thanks again terry the for help

Hi jenny
It was my fault there where to many W in my email addy I have corrected it now.

thank you everybody for all your help Lorraine