Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thomas James Whiteley mystery

Thomas James whiteley was baptised on 15 Apr 1885 son of John Henry and sarah Ann nee Taylor

I am trying to find getting married and dying but as yet had no luck so i am presuming he moved away from Sheffield,

There is a Thomas James Whiteley on the crime and punishment section saying he was away from the army but it gives no further details, I use FMP.

I wonder if some kind person with Ancestry could see if they can trace what happened to him and does the info on him being away from the army show any more details as to if it is the T J Whiteley I am researching.

Thanks folks for your assistance.

John

Re: Thomas James Whiteley mystery

Hi John,

Your Thomas James Whiteley was baptised at St Silas so wonder is this is your Thomas.

Thomas James Whiteley, Private, Service No, 31365,
of 6th Battalion Yorks & Lancs Regiment.
Birth place St Silas, Sheffield.
Killed in Action, 29 September 1918, France & Flanders.

Moira.

Moira, that isa good possibility. Did you find that on FMP or Ancestry please if it was FMP, where was it?

John

Hi John,

It was under 'Military, armed forces & conflicet' on FMP.

Moira.

Thanks Moira, certainly looks like him

Hello John
There are a couple of items on Ancestry relating to Thomas James Whiteley, 31365.

There is an entry for Soldiers Effects, naming siblings.
There is an entry for Pension Ledger & Index Card - names a wife - Edith McGreary.
In prison, absent from Army - for Gaming.

I could email copies of the pages.

Anne

That would be very nice of you Anne my email is john.simmerson007@btinternet.com

Thanks Anne for the info. I'm sure now it's the correct one.i document another friend has found lists his bothers and sisters but there is an edith mcgreary listed as possible wife by a friend so I need to investigate this.. don't think Thomas married though when I've charged my brain cells I shall have a look in the morning before going to work

Forget the Edith bit, my friend obviously copied and pasted the document and didn't crop enough off it.