Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lavenear (sic) Ensor

Lavenear Ensor married George Frederick Littlewood in 1858. Born circa 1836

States her father was called Richard.

Finding her on the census records looks like she was born in the Belper area and looking at her siblings it seems her mother's maiden name was Brown and her name was Hannah.

I am struggling to find a marriage of a Richard Ensor to a Hannah Brown. Any advice please most welcome

John

Re: Lavenear (sic) Ensor

Hi John,

From Freebmd you can see how her marriage was registered.

Ensor Levenear Rotherham 9c 578

Have you tried Family Search and the church where she was married.

Elaine.

Hi John

24 December 1833 South Normanton - Richard HENZER and Hannah Brown.

Possible baptism?? South Normanton 14 September 1837, Lavinia HENSON parents Richard and Hannah

Heths

Heather in Holland
Hi John

24 December 1833 South Normanton - Richard HENZER and Hannah Brown.

Possible baptism?? South Normanton 14 September 1837, Lavinia HENSON parents Richard and Hannah

Heths
"ee by gum" that Yorkshire accent will get you every time....LOL

Lavinia makes much more sense.

The marriage takes place at Rotherham Minster and Richards Burial is in Rawmarsh.

All to be found on FMP.

Elaine.

Heather and Elaine, thank you

Henzer, well I would neve have thought of using that as a variant (must chech FMP again)

Yes that does make sense for Lavinia, going through the census records for her the number of variants. Yes I can get the first name being different but as for the surname. yep good old Yorkshire accent strikes again.

John

FMP have transcibed it as Hennan

Carrying on, Richard and Hannah nee Brown it says on the 1861 born Normanton which I am happy with'

Richard was born circa 1812 but not yet found a baptism.

However, Richard ENDSER baptise 19th May 1812 at Selston, Notts and that is only 4 miles away.

States parents were James and Abigail

Do fellow indexers think this is my man?

John

John, Places for you to try other than FMP.

Family Search.

FreeReg

Churches that cover the Normanton area where he was born. Get to know the area and then plunge in.

Elaine.

"Carrying on, Richard and Hannah nee Brown it says on the 1861 born Normanton which I am happy with*

John, FMP also has this family in 1851 and 1871. Are you equally happy with what it says ( both with differences to 1861)?
The childrens' baptisms (on FMP) seem to indicate that 1851 is pretty accurate.
Dave

Not found the family in 1851 yet but will gave another go tomorrow. Had a bit of an off day so obviously not concentrated enough.