Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
William Hague & Sarah Senior

I have William Hague born 1720 of Dungworth who married Sarah Senior on 22 November 1750. But according to a tree for William & Sarah on family search there are 2 children Anne born 1744 & Joseph born 1746 so wondering if I have the correct marriage date? any help appreciated.

Re: William Hague & Sarah Senior

Not sure if yours or if this helps so take it with a pinch of salt

28th Dec 1738 in Chesterfield area ( I think Dungworth came under chesterfield)

William Hague to a sarah Smith

Hi John. Thanks for that...wondering if he was married to another Sarah prior to Sarah Senior. It seems the family lived at Greenfold Farm Hill Top Dungworth?

Need to correct an error on my original post it was a Mary Hague born 1744 not Anne

Hi David,

The Hague and Senior families show up in the St Nicholas Bradfield Registers.

Myself & Malcolm Nunn from Bradfield Archives transcribed the registers from 1723.They are in our database.There is a LINK to earlier transcriptions also.
Some were is terrible condition with pages being torn or illegible.

I would also check out Ecclesfield & of course Sheffield Parish Church as many Bradfield folk went into Sheffield for the marriages. Bradfield was a chapelry of Ecclesfield prior to becoming a Parish of its own.

Dungworth is very close to Bradfield by the way. Farming country.

Elaine in Ottawa.

David,

Have a look at this Map on our site so you can see where Dungworth & Hill Top are situated.

https://www.places.wishful-thinking.org.uk/cgi-bin/makemap.pl?p=0&m=DBY&d=Maps&x=13&y=12

Titled "Seventy Miles about Sheffield."

You can also find it under our Site Map over to the left and then down to MAPS.

Elaine.