Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frederick Hoyland 1864 to 1943

In 1912 The above person married Keziah Hudson and both were widowed.

With thanks to Rotherham Bereavement services I now know when Frederick died which was in 1943 and they are both buried in Rawmarsh. Keziah died in 1920

Now knowing when Frederick was born I was able to locate him on the 1901 census and he was with Harriet his wife and his children Harry 1894 Frederick 1898 and walter 1900 all with the mother's maiden name of ORVICE

Frederick and Harriet seem to have got married in Lancashire in 1892.

my problem is now trying to find Harriet's birth as some census returns say born Sheffield and some say Attleborough, Norfolk

I can't find her on all the census returns as I assume her surname has been transcibed wrongly.

I found Frederick on the 1939 register with some of his children etc but are taking the dates of birth with a pinch of salt because the dates for Harry and sarah Ellen are way out.

Could someone assist please on trying to find Harriet's birth place and more importantly Have i got the correct first marriage for Frederick

Re: Frederick Hoyland 1864 to 1943

John,

Use FreeBMD.

Enter Harriet Orvice guess approx within a 10 year period and she will come up.

Elaine.

The one that came up was Harriet Charlotte Orvice, but when I tried to find her on the 1871 census she was reffered to as Charlotte with a father Robert...From the marriege cert her father was Joshua

You are looking for Harriet's Birth Reg and where she was born.

Try 1850-1860 on FreeBMD.

Elaine.

On 1871 Census the family is in Brightside Bierlow and transcribed on FMP as Orvie. Father Joshua, Mother Sarah ANN, children Robert , Harriet and Hannah. Robert and Harriet check out on GRO Index as Orvice, with MMN Rayner. Hannah is there as Orvie, mmn Baynor.
Dave

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VZK8-X3Y
has an image of the Frederick Hoyland - Harriet Orvice marriage record;
Parish church Gorton
April 14 1892
Frederick Hoyland, 28 [??], bachelor, collier, 33 Victoria Rd, father Robert Hoyland, labourer.
Harriet Orvice, 22, spinster, Semstress , 33 Victoria Rd Gorton, father Joshua Orvice, labourer.
Witnesses Alpheus Round & Alice Sabina Jones.

thanks folks