Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Unable to access part of the site.

Many of you will have encounted the problem of not being able to access part of our site in the last few months.

The problem has been with certain servers updating their security measures.That has made it difficult for some of you who use Chrome. There are others as well.
One good server that does not have the problem is Firefox.

Denise our Webmaster has been working away at it it but has not found the solution but has found away around it..

She has been assisting folks who have contacted me (thanks Denise).

We will try our best to fix it so please let me know if you are having any difficulty.

Take care.

Elaine.

Re: Unable to access part of the site.

Elaine in Ottawa
Many of you will have encounted the problem of not being able to access part of our site in the last few months.

The problem has been with certain servers updating their security measures.That has made it difficult for some of you who use Chrome. There are others as well.
One good server that does not have the problem is Firefox.

Denise our Webmaster has been working away at it it but has not found the solution but has found away around it..

She has been assisting folks who have contacted me (thanks Denise).

We will try our best to fix it so please let me know if you are having any difficulty.

Take care.

Elaine.
Bringing the message back up to the top of the Forum.

Elaine.

I have had to download Firefox to use the website. Both Chrome and Edge do not allow for any searches. I think it's because the website says the connection is not secure. Fingers crossed it can be sorted :)

Could not the website be renamed so it can then use https can't think of a suggestion though

Wish it was that easy John.........it would have been changed months ago if so.

BUT after 20 years of being Sheffield Indexers hard to give up the name.

Elaine.

The site is secure......

Elaine.

Oh its Firefox that is saying its not secure. Chrome & Edge don't say anything but they are the browsers blocking.

I can't attach a screenshot to show you.

Hi Claire,

Will make sure that Denise our Webmaster is aware of your problem.....

I am having trouble when trying to post a message..... Making sure I am hitting the submit button but it tells me its Captcha that is declining it.

Arrrgh..... computers are great when working but.......Elaine.

It worked this time. I threatened it.:laughing:

Hi, thanks Elaine & Denise. I had problems on Chrome which migrated to Microsoft Edge; I could access the site sporadically [except Death records] by repeatedly opening new windows via the home page, & ignoring the 'This site is not secure' guff, but now that has stopped completely too, so I'll try Firefox [It was the only browser that worked with FB game updates, when others wouldn't]
I'd just emailed Denise, before trying the Forum - I hadn't been able to get into the Forum, past the tree, for months but it's suddenly worked, so I was able to see this update - it's a relief to know it isn't 'just me', Lol! Thanks for ALL that you do :) xx

It's all strange.
Working better than ever for me (Chrome).

Getting very frustrated with this !

Have you spoken to Denise about your problem???

Elaine.

I have not been able to access the info' on the site since before last December. Chrome ,Microsoft Edge and Norton Private Browser all ended at the same place,Births or Marriages all denied access with "site not safe and autofil turned off" Just about to message Denise and decided to try Firefox and happy to say it works,otherwise i wouldn't be able to put in this message.

Hi Sheila,

Great to see your name even if its about the pesky security issue.

Firefox that I have used since we started the site (20yrs +) seems to be the best bet. BUT our site is secure.

Elaine in a very mild Ottawa.