Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
missing burial

According to the gro James bottom died in 1891 aged 37 and according to FMP he was buried in city Road cemetery but he is not showing up on this site. Can anyone help please. I've used some variants but obviously not all

Cheers

John

Re: missing burial

John

Is this him?

Bolton, James (Lab'r, age 37).
Died at 9 Weigh Lane; Buried on August 29, 1891 in Consecrated ground;
Grave Number 15069, Section EE of City Road Cemetery, Sheffield.
Parent or Next of Kin if Available: . Remarks: .

Angela

Angela I shall have a check but that could well be. Pity Fmp didn't say where exactly buried

Could defo be him in 1891 census was at weigh Lane and the family are correct because I checked the birth detail of youngest daughter and mother's maiden name correct.

The burial of Sarah Ann aged 50 is correct as even though she was born in 1854 she was baptise at 2 so can cope with that

Well found Angela.

John

John,

Did you check out the NBI?.

Let me know if you think that is your chap.

Elaine.

From our Burials.

Bolton, James (Lab'r, age 37).
Died at 9 Weigh Lane; Buried on August 29, 1891 in Consecrated ground;
Grave Number 15069, Section EE of City Road Cemetery, Sheffield.

No I did not check the NBI, the burial for James is on FMP but it only says City Road, the death on FMP and GRO says James Bottom aged 37 and in 1891 on the census he was at Weigh Lane.

If someone can check the original to confirm that would be brillian but I am sure what on this site say Bolton should be BOTTOM

John

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L96J-2DZY?view=index&personArk=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3ACJCN-8GN2&action=view

FamilySearch have indexed the name as James Bottom. The image has 9 Weigh Lane. No of entry 15566.

Doesn't explicitly say which cemetery.

I note the burials here now has the record as Bottom (15069). The FamilySearch image could easily be read as Bolton.

Hi John & Terry,

I went back to my originals that we had used to transcribe City Road and saw that we had used Bolton but on greater magnification it is Bottom. I have already changed it in the database.

Elaine.

Elaine, you are a diamond, another variant to try in future.

John

In a very wet and blustery Sheffield