Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mary Jane Phillips ( nee Grayson )

Hi all , trying to find a photo of my dads birth mother, mary jane phillips nee grayson, she died in 1943/44 of tb, when my dad Peter was only months old.
My grandad remarried very quickly as they did then, but he destroyed all photos and details of her, my dad didnt find out until he was old that my gran wasnt his real mum.
I would love to get a photo for him before he shuffles off this mortal coil.
Her family had unusual names , Israel Grayson ! Any help would be appreciated , or if you need any more detailed dates etc, then please contact me.
Thanks in advance .

Re: Mary Jane Phillips ( nee Grayson )

Hi Lee,

I dont think we can help with an actual photograph you would need to make contact with any siblings Mary Jane had.

I can only see one death for a Mary J Philips that was registered in March of 1945 in Wigton? Cumberland. She was age 60.

Does that fit?

How old is your father that might be a start.

Have you looked at FReeBMD to sort the death out?

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Two 'll' s

GRO Deaths SEP Qtr 1944
Phillips Mary J 24
Sheffield 9c 278

Hugh

Tinsley Park Cemetery
Grave K119c
JACKSON Arthur 14 Mar 1949 2m+ son of Arthur 6 Turie Av Sheffield
PHILLIPS Mary Jane 2 Sep 1944 24y wife of Harold 15 Omdurman St/Winter St Hosp Sheffield
PHILLIPS George Ernest 10 Jul 1954 63y labourer 15 Omdurman St Sheffield

Hugh

There are baptisms for Mary Jane and 4 siblings on this site - search with father's name Israel.

Hugh

Thanks hugh , any help is gratefully received, i tried a while ago to get a photo, i posted on sheffield forum in 2011, i got a reply in 2014 from some distant relatives in 2014, but it never showed up on my system until recently , i re-contacted them but havent recieved any reply, so im branching out to try and get a photo of dads mum at any age , it would mean so much to him .
Thank you again for your reply.
Cheers lee.