Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Burial records

Is it me or are people having difficult with the burial records link. if I go on to the indexers site and click burial records nothing happens but if i click on message forum and then burial records the link to the search menu works. TIA John

Re: Burial records

Working fine for me John.

Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Same thing happens to me. I have to go to message forum first before I get access to burial records.

Hi John and Susan

I'm not having any trouble in either Chrome of Firefox. I've checked the Burial link and cant seen any problem.

Can you tell me what Browser and OS you're using. And is it happening every time or just randomly etc

Thanks

Denise

Firefox and windows 10

Hi John S

I have experienced this issue for a while now, I have only been accessing the internet by using a chromebook for the last couple of years (don't know if this has any significance regarding this problem). On entering the site I can only enter the Burial Records section once I have entered any other section first, doesn't matter which.

Regards

Leipzig

I am using Chrome and windows 10. I have the same problem when using either my tablet or my pc.

Hi all

Thanks everyone!

Okay - next question - do you clear your Browser cache regularly?

Thanks

Denise

I clear out regularly. This happening with the burial records has been happening for several months.

Hi all

Okay - clearing the cache doesnt make any difference. So 1 last question please and 1 thing to try;

When you load the website - in the address bar at the top does it say

HTTP://www.sheffieldindexers.com

or

HTTPS://www.sheffieldindexers.com

If its says
HTTPS://www.sheffieldindexers.com

Please could you edit the address to remove the 's' so that its
HTTP://sheffieldindexers.com

Reload the website with this address and then try and access Burial Records from there.

Thanks

Denise

Hi Denise

That seems to have solved the problem for me, thanks.

Only thing I would add is to suggest that people delete the bookmark for the site if they had one, before amending the url. Then once they access the site with the amended url, save the new bookmark.

Kind regards

Leipzig

Hi Leipzig

Thanks for that confirmation. We had a website hosting upgrade a few months ago, where it was moved to a new server. So I suspect its connected to that. Know what we're looking at now!!

Rgds

Denise

A big thanks you to Denise for sorting the problem out.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Thank you.