Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ernest Raymond Storer 1916 to 1945

I wonder please if someone who has access to Ancestry could see if there is anything on the above person.
He died in Fulwood Annex, Sheffield on 16th May 1945 and from newspaper info from FMP say it was tragic.
I wonder if Ancestry perhaps has more information on the above.
Many thanks
John

Re: Ernest Raymond Storer 1916 to 1945

Fulwood Annexe was used for wounded soldiers of WW2 he is on the CWGC site Driver
STORER, ERNEST RAYMOND
Service Number T/4866121
Died 16/05/1945
Aged 28
Royal Army Service Corps
Son of Ernest William and Emmie Storer; husband of Frances Audrey Storer, of Derby.

Bev, thank you so much for the information.

I am a CWGC volunteer. I check the condition of local war graves and keep the surrounding area tidy and clean the headstone if necessary. Ernest Raymond Storer is the only CWGC grave in Chellaston cemetery, Derby, close to where i live. I am researching him. I have Ancestry but not Find my past. Ancestry just shows he died in Sheffield. What did it say on FMP?
thanks
Scott

Scott, thank you for your reply. I shall have a look at FMP again sometime next week as I have a few days off work. I shall also have to check my notes on which family this is as its two years since I posted the question and after all this time i have forgotten which tree he is on.

John

Thanks John.

spjarvis@gmail.com

Scott