THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
No Guinness World Record for Glass Breaking
I am sorry to inform everyone that I have been officially turned down by the board of Guinness World Records. I am still officially the first documented singer to prove this task without amplification, but Guinness said that they did not have an appropriate catogeory...
Views: 528   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 6, 2005 5:25pm
by Jaime Vendera
New song, comments please?
You can find it here. It's called The Enchanted Mountains of Victory, from our band, the Knights of Steel and Thunder. I wrote the (ultra-cheesy) lyrics for that. *VERY* rushed recording, without the lead guitarist (all guitars were played by the rhythm guitarist)...
Views: 392   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 5, 2005 11:33am
by Alkis Tsapanidis
l
Lafa
Rumours about a C6 ?
Hi, there are some rumours that you can sing up to C6 in full voice? To me, it sounds very strange, as if you were some castrati or something!!! I personally can not imagine it (C6) in that case, being sung in the "full voice", the full voice resonance you teach i...
Views: 437   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 4, 2005 11:59am
by Lafa
Contest Ends Tonight
The contest officially ends tonight. I will post the winner tomorrow night :)
Views: 362   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 3, 2005 7:03pm
by Paul
question
I'm willing to bet you guys get these types of questions all the time. I am an absolute begginer to singing. I am simply interested in singing heavy metal/rock style music. My question is where is the best place to begin? Should I start out by taking lessons, or can...
Views: 414   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 30, 2005 5:08pm
by Jaime Vendera
d
Dillon
Nice!
Awesome new board, those ads before were getting outragous, I could no longer read posts. lol. Jamie, does Labrie do the same technique your doing? His voice is so full and powerful on every note he hits, and how soon do we recieve your long await revised edition of...
Views: 362   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 29, 2005 11:57am
by Lafa
Shattered Glass on eBay
Just for the fun of it, I decided to sell one of the 37 glasses that I have exploded by voice alone, on eBay. I just wanted to see if anyone thought it was interesting, (maybe to lick my wounds after the turndown from Guinness) Ha-ha. So if anyone wants to see a pict...
Views: 385   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 28, 2005 10:35am
by Lafa
I am working on recording some songs for the site!
Hello All, I have noticed throught some of the posts and personal emails that people want to hear me sing and to see me shatter glass. Well, there are glass shattering videos on the site. Follow these links from the homepage: Info-About-Videos. As for recording......
Views: 396   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 27, 2005 10:46pm
by Jaime Vendera
Hey Jaime - Free Publicity!!!
I was parusing the "Wikidpedia" online encyclopedia when I made a discovery. I can't believe I never realized this before, but anybody can go on there and actually edit any information about any person on that site! I typed your name in the search bar and you do ha...
Views: 321   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 25, 2005 6:34pm
by Joseph Michael
Too much falsetto
Hello, I have recently taken an interest in increasing my vocal range. Right now I have absolutely no access to my head voice. My chest voice is fine but the minute I start going up I just flip into falsetto. I bought "Sining for the stars" but the book assumes th...
Views: 421   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 22, 2005 12:49pm
by Jaime
eBook Audio file
Hello! I bought the ebook on Thursday night and would like to know how I can get a password for the audio files. Thanks in advance. On a lighter note, here is a recording I made some months ago, singing along Priest's Between the Hammer and the Anvil. Do I do a...
Views: 424   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 22, 2005 10:11am
by Alkis Tsapanidis
g
Gabe
From falestto to full voice
Hi guys, Some questions to the group here and jaime. i bought RYF program about a week ago. During practice, i find that i can transcend my voice from falsetto to only 'half-full' voice. In that meaning they sound like a lightly-mixed version of the full vo...
Views: 458   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 19, 2005 10:13am
by Jaime Vendera
Voice Connection Contest
Hello everyone, As you well know, The Voice Connection is for all of you, to spread the word about vocal technique and your favorite rock stars. So, I've decided to have a contest to help add more vocal links and spread the word about The Voice Connection. So, wh...
Views: 535   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 17, 2005 4:01pm
by Paul
h
Hoff
Will RYV make me scream?
Hello Jamie. I sing in a metal band and I would like to learn how to scream. I read somewhere that RYV second edition will contain some info on screaming techniques but I'd like to know how elaborated the screaming section is. Will it be sufficient for learning ho...
Views: 408   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 12, 2005 4:42pm
by Lafa
l
Lafa
What all great singers have in common....
What all great singers have in common, isn't that POWER? Or am i wrong? In opera, pop, rock and metal music... isn't vocal power the thing that defines a great vocalist? ... Just a thought i had.. :-) ... Raise Your Voice is teaching me to sing with power. An...
Views: 412   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 11, 2005 11:21am
by Doug Skene
You Guys Are Awesome!!!!
Thanks to all that are participating in the contest. The web traffic to The Voice Connection has quadrupled. Because of you, we will be able to change the site dramatically by the end of the year-adding hundreds of new singers, voice related sites, and so forth. I a...
Views: 386   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 9, 2005 6:46am
by Paul
Power Quest (Have A Listen Everyone)
Hey guys I thought you may wanna have a listen to this band I have been getting into alot lately. The music is really cool and the singing is also great in my opinion. Some really nice harmonies and the singer has a very good range and very good resonance and vibrato...
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2005 9:44am
by Doug Skene
CONTEST/WEB PROMOTION
Hello everyone, All participants are doing extremely well. I am so happy that everyone has taken this much of an interest in this contest. I want to clarify a few thing to help everyone out. Each submission will be worth one point, with the exception to posting on...
Views: 347   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 6, 2005 1:05pm
by Jaime Vendera
l
Lafa
we miss you
Jamie we miss you at the singing forum! Were art thou? You got to back me up there with this technique ! ! ! :- ) hehe, please come back.
Views: 357   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 2, 2005 6:46pm
by Doug Skene
Ignore the name :D
So when are you going to release your next book? Any special early October release? Also, does existing members have access to new content from the new book or are we split apart? Will the first book become unsupported?
Views: 548   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 1, 2005 4:43pm
by Jack
Jaime's mixed voice:
I'm curious to your own singing technique (although you might teach a different technique in your book). When singing in mixed and headvoice, do you too stick to SLS or you don't care? If you do stick to SLS, that means you would minimize all vocal weight as m...
Views: 593   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 19, 2005 3:17pm
by Jaime Vendera
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Free Forum powered by Bravenet