THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Will RYV make me scream?

Hello Jamie.

I sing in a metal band and I would like to learn how to scream. I read somewhere that RYV second edition will contain some info on screaming techniques but I'd like to know how elaborated the screaming section is. Will it be sufficient for learning how to scream of is it just an appetizer for future books?

Regards...

Re: Will RYV make me scream?

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! And trust me...I know a thing or two about how to scream!!!I was originally going to write a book for hard rock and metal singers but decided to just merge this information with RYV, instead of writing a new book. I could have made more money that way, but my fans have been so loyal that I wanted to give something back. One of my teachers was Jim Gillette from Nitro-the man who taught me how to shatter glasses with my voice, which helped me gain the title of first documented singer in history to shatter a wineglass by voice alone! There is 40 new pages of material focused on hard rock and metal techiques, new exercises specifically for screaming, new material added to all previous chapters, over 80 new "Useful Tips", new audio files, a new cover, and a new Members Only section that will go out to people who purchase RYV. The original RYV is an incredible vocal training book that in itself can dramatically improve your range, I just decided to take it to another level :) You won't be disappointed and if you have purchased RYV already, you will receive a link in the next month allowing you to download the new version for free!!!!!!!! That's my way of saying thanks to all of my RYV students for supporting me and the site. All I ask is that you practice, practice, practice, and spread the word about the website :)

Peace,

Jaime Vendera

Re: Re: Will RYV make me scream?

Thanks Jamie. That's what I wanted to hear. I probably would have bought it anyway 'cause of all the other stuff in there (got some straining issues that I need to get rid of) but this settles it for sure. Guess I'll become a disciple as soon as the revised edition is out then ;)
By the way; is there any news on the release date?

Re: Re: Re: Will RYV make me scream?

I'm working on releasing it by December.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Will RYV make me scream?

Will it be ready by Christmas?This would be a cool present to ask for!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will RYV make me scream?

Actually, I'm finishing it up tonight!!!!! I have to add one more Useful Tip, bringing the count up to about 85 tips and 40 more pages that wasn't in the oringinal RYV. I will be dropping off the ebook version to my webmistress this weekend and sending my printing company the changes. I have elected to oresent the ebook in the same exact format as the book version, meaning B&W pics and illustrations, making it easier for people to print. My webmistress is also working on the Members Only section. So far, we have about 19 exercises, about 20 audio interviews, a few glass shattering videos, and tomorrow i will be shooting a basic video with my digicam as I teach. We will have several videos that show you just exactly how to do the Vocal Stress Release program and the exercises. And, I'm gonna keep adding as long as this site is running!!!!! How's that for vocalk support!!!! You buy my book and I'm giving you a TON of information for free!!!!!!!!!! One minor problem...I haven't recorde the newest audio files for RYV. I am so busy with a few other things that i haven't been able to schedule time to record it. I'll get to that part as soon as i can. So, to answer your question, YES it will be out by Christmas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will RYV make me scream?

That's great to hear.I'm excited about this a lot

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Will RYV make me scream?

Wow that's awesome! :D
I can't buy the pdf cause we don't use paypal in sweden. But i'm waiting for RYV version 2 then :-D

Thank you for increasing my range and power to 100%!!!!