THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
From falestto to full voice

Hi guys,

Some questions to the group here and jaime.

i bought RYF program about a week ago.

During practice, i find that i can transcend my voice from falsetto to only 'half-full' voice. In that meaning they sound like a lightly-mixed version of the full voice.

So my question is, when i do the Siren exercise, is it okie to include the 'half-full' voice as well? Will that strengthen and deepen my 'half-full' voice?

Another thing is when i try to transcend tenor high C note, it turns from falsetto to something else. It's not falsetto, but it is lighter than the 'half-full' voice i've mentioned earlier.

So does it help if i include the high C in the siren exercise as well?

How many hrs do you guys practice a day? Currently i do like 3hrs+ including proper warm-ups/downs. I may be doing too much, but the trasncending tone exercise is just fun.

Thanks!

Re: From falestto to full voice

I'm not sure because I'd have to hear you, but I'm assuming that your half-full voice is what coaches like Roger Love refers to as mixed voice, which is essentially half way between full and falsetto. Take your time with these exercises. You can practice as long as you want, as long as it doesn't hurt your throat. Don't work up as high in the beginning. Concentrate on the lower note, to make sure that you transcend from falsetto to full voice correctly. You are just stoping half way there, and this is typical because the muscles must learn to adjust between the two tones. The Siren should only be performed in full voice-you don't want to go into falsetto. I will be working on something beginning next year that will allow students to post their voices for review. And-if you like Raise Your Voice, you'll love the revised edition, which you will receive absoulutel free! I'm basically giving all purchaser of my RYV ebook the new copy, which is 1000s of dollars worth of free ebooks. It will be uploade within the next 2-3 weeks. I'll let everyone know the details soon.

Jaime