THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rumours about a C6 ?

Hi, there are some rumours that you can sing up to C6 in full voice? To me, it sounds very strange, as if you were some castrati or something!!!

I personally can not imagine it (C6) in that case, being sung in the "full voice", the full voice resonance you teach in your book Raise Your Voice.
I've heard you talking about "extending" something... but it has to be sung in some strange reinforced falsetto?

Please explain this to me! Is it true? a opera singer told me if this was the case, you would be world-famous?...

Re: Rumours about a C6 ?

I am world famous. I am the first person ever documented to shatter a wineglass by voice alone. Ha-ha. The opera singer is wrong. I have heard many singers hit a Soprano C in full voice, both male and female. If you don't believe me, check out a teacher named Thomas Appell who wrote, "Can You Sing A High C Without Straining?" He easily takes students up to a Soprano C without any problem. I slid up to about an A# or B (in full voice)when I did the Good Morning America show. I was going to slide higher and hold it longer, but I had hurt all of the sound crew's ears that morning during practice, so I was a little paranoid that it would bother the crowd. You can see that clip in the videos on the INFO_ABOUT_VIDEOS link. It is NOT reinforced falsetto. I hear this all the time from singers, especially classically trained singers, because they just cannot fathom the fact that a male can sing that high. I can reach a soprano C#, but I have to keep on top of practicing. If I get lazy, which I have been lately due to other projects for the website, it shows in my voice. I hit a few C6s tonight for one of my students, and a few C7s in whistle voice, and I am always comfortable up to the B before soprano C. I can also go over an octave higher in whistle voice, althought there are a lot of singers out there who can do it a lot better than me. So, to answer your question, it is true, but I am not the first and therefore I am not world famous for it. Ha-ha. Check out In God We Trust by Stryper. He hits a soprano C# at the end in full voice. When I did the MythBusters show, they edited out the part where I hit a Soprano C# in full voice to vibrate an unbreakable wine glass ( not the right consistency of crystal). The MythBusters and Meyers sound staff scientist Dr. Roger Schwenke can testify to this, because it was analyzed through a computer

Re: Rumours about a C6 ?

Cool and thanks for the answer! I have given her/him the answer but the she him hasn't replied yet. :) But it's really cool... your technique is really awesome - somehow the technique is easy to grabing but takes some practise before mastering.

i'm focusing most about learning to sing with the range i have so far, even if that is quite high...
i try do use different vowels so my muscles learn to coordinate, so there's no breaks between the singing. :) sometimes i sing along with songs on octave higher than they do.

RYV v2 is great by the way! thank you. i haven't had time to fully read through it, not the end of it where the nice things is.... hehe