Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Sexual Assault Suit--To Moderator

Per you admonition I have removed the lawsuit regarding the sexual assault. Out of my deep appreciation and respect for you as a moderator, I have done this.

I thank you you for your attention and greatly value your judgment. Thank you very much for all you do! This is the reason that we have a male moderator and a female moderator so that if some of us writers go out of bounds you can corral us back in.

We take pride in our "good taste" policy and I obviously exceeded that and I sincerely apologize.

Re: Re: Sexual Assault Suit--To Moderator

And Norman, I appreciate your hard work on these things. You have went far beyond the call of duty in exposing the corruptness in this county. This was a prime example of the things that are hidden and will remain that way. For the small amount of time that the document was on, there was enough people that read it and now know the particulars so that it will not be something swept under the rug and out of the public eye when the inevitable settlement comes (and yes, I guarantee the Sheriff's Dept will settle out of court). Good work.

Thank you Norman. As always I treat everyone the same, even New Mod. I expect the same when I'm out of line. My concern was the content of the document. The discussion on the subject was not my concern. I appreciate your decision.

Thanks

As always, Your Moderator

http://www.pocahontastimes.com/index.php?id=559

Wednesday January 14, 2009

Woman alleges sexual misconduct by former county employee
Pamela Pritt
Editor

A Huntersville woman has filed a civil suit against a former process server alleging inappropriate sexual conduct and against the former sheriff as his employer.

The woman’s lawsuit says that Larry Taylor, who was the county process server, made inappropriate sexual advances toward her in June, 2008. The suit further proffers that then-Sheriff Robert Alkire is “vicariously libel” for the actions of his employee.

Her suit asks for compensatory and punitive damages, but specifies no amount.

Alkire’s attorney, Duane Ruggier, II, has filed an answer to the suit, which says that the plaintiff “fails to state a claim upon which relief may be granted.” In addition, the answer either refutes the plaintiff”s claims or maintains the sheriff lacks factual knowledge of the alleged incidents that led the plaintiff to file suit.

Taylor’s attorney, Jeff Lilly, was granted an extension by the court because of a family matter. Taylor retired last year.

“Mr. Taylor denies all the plaintiff’s allegations,” Lilly said. “At this early stage in the case there’s not a whole lot more that we can say.”

The woman is represented by David Sims, of Elkins.

There are so many ways to make a quick buck!

And so many perverts out there willing to lose them.

As always,why is this just now going public???

Did Alderman just make a public apology for something distasteful and screwed up he did and got called out on??? Good grief, what's next? A black president? Pittsburgh Panthers ranked no. 1 in NCAA basketball? A plane crash with no fatalities? Miracle of Miracles!!!! Mark this day down in history forever!

If the truth be known, their have been a lot of ladies sexually assaulted, both physically and verbally, here within the county. They were afraid if they told, that no one would believe them. I know of two incidents at a store a certain man couldn't keep his hands off of two of the ladies that worked there. They quit instead of pressing charges, because they felt that the law in Marlinton wouldn't do anything with him. I have actually been in some business places within Poco County, and have heard some men talking filty to the lady clerk, and trying to make physical contact with them. This is nothing new, these kind of things happen somewhere everyday in "America". And you know what? The blame is always placed on the woman. And most of the time, it's a married man making the advances! Call me what you want, but I know I'm right.

To me oh my

You are 100% right

Most everyone wants to place the blame on the woman.

This really makes me mad

Other women are the worst of all -

yes,"me oh my" you are right.it happens here allot,the ladies are afraid to speak out,I know of a lady who that happened to once nobody believed her,she also just quit.Now she carries mace with her everywhere she goes.This isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened about the sheriff's office,usually we dont here about it.They get transferred out real fast.At least she had guts to speak out.I will be praying for her...

In my previous post, I meant to say talking filthy, instead I misspelled the word, sorry about that.

men don't harrass ugly or fat women. so i doubt these women in the stores were harassed. I don't see many attractive women in marlinton.

freedom from sexual harassment is not explicit right in the constitution. The Scalia's, Alioto's and Robert's of the world don't believe we should have laws that aren't specifically laid out in the constitution.

Whomever you are, you are one sick individual, lt isn't right to make fun of anyone. Get down on your knees, "NOW"! And ask God for forgiveness. I bet you're thinking you're better, take a good look in the mirror "Buster".

Their are a lot of attractive women in Marlinton! Sorry, but I can't say the same for the men.

Hntersville woman and lawsuit
What a crock. I would suggest to the party accuse to use the exwife or exhusband.
Whe one sleep in your bed with your husband,or they go to a friends house and park their vehicles in the garage and stay all night and that owner of house is gone and both parties doesn't leave to the next morning. Or go & sleep in a motel together while both parties are still married and both with small children. Or hey how about the night the wife sit and watch them in the back seat of the car in the cementary at Back Mountain Road. Who could believe this woman. There is more to tell. Check out her history. Wife still work inthe county and I know would be willing to tell the truth about the thing. But I think it more about the money. I know it was in the first case. People should be not accuse and setup by people needing money. Let the truth out to help an innocent person. Having affair where you work and get caught - don't meaan you can use the law to get yourself out of trouble.
I stand by what I say and I can say even more.

Yes,there is sexual harrsement out there and to many woman use it to get their way. Wearing tight clothes and showing your boobs to everyone might bring on reponse you don't want. People will say things joking and one day some one will use that to gain something. Maybe woman should have a liitle more respect for there body and clothes. You can't blame a man for looking but when woman dresser like a hooker -then maybe they asking for what they wanting by dressing that way. Maybe need to check out facts and quick listing the lies.
This is not the first setup by this person.

I wish you guys wouldn't do this, no matter what the outcome, Larry will be guilty in the eyes of Pocahontas County.

Larry is a good guy, a friend of mine and a good public servant.

Please give him the benefit of the doubt before trying him on the Tater...

That was an ignorant comment about women period!
I may not be a beauty queen & I am chunky...but I was raped here in Marlinton.
3 years ago.
The guy got a few years...not enough time in my book and I am not ashamed to tell anyone! Most people know about it and what is worse he is 20 years + my junior.
You have no idea what people do under the influance of drugs and alcohol!
Go to the sexual website and look up Pocahontas county type and smith and you will see the dirty scum!

A good talk with the exwife of her husband would tell you a lot about what kind of moral values this woman has.

I'm thinking about a new thread.

I'm thinking of calling it, "Let's tell all we know on everybody".

The the anonymous **** Slingers can get in on the fun also.

I think this will be fun, if you know about me, I know about you also.

I can think of some good posts already, since everyone knows who I am I think we can name names in the stories and be OK...

Moderator, would this thread be OK???

I'll start it now, I'm thinking up some doozies...

Maybe if it's all out there for everyone to see we can be done with this foolishness...

What do you think **** slingers, sound like a good idea?

We cold talk about guys that live alone and never had a girl friend.

We could talk about "ladies" that sat at the end of the bar or at the poker machine all day.

I'm just getting started...

I can say on a personal level that I have been assaulted by married police officers. But I was afraid to do anything, because they all stick up for one another. And, when you get on ones bad side, you can never live here in peace again. Girls have had to move out of this town to get away from it. It happens all the time...do this for me and you won't get a ticket. More law suits should be filed, and i should have been one of them, but I was afraid. I would not be afraid if it ever happened again.

Larry has always been good to me. There are 2 sides to every story. There are alot of women that crave attention and stop at nothing to get it no matter how much it could hurt others.
All of this makes me think of the story about the little boy that cryed wolf.
So many times it seems unfair.

And why, has Alkire been made a part of this. Maybe it is just another way to have a case against more than 1 and double the money...

The only way I would believe that Larry did such a thing I would have to hear it out of his own mouth.

I don't believe Larry to be that way and I can READ people really well.
Now I do know that he did go to yard sales in a company vehicle but it was supposedly on his time. But it WAS company vehicle and more then likely company gas. Meaning Sheriff dept.

I was told that this woman LIED and is doing it for money. Plus that she asked him to do something for her and he refused so now she is getting back at him.
Now gossip is gossip but I have never felt anything bad about him.

To a way to solve your problem

You are right when you say "MEN" don't sexual harrass
ugly women. If you are a real man you would not be sexually harrassing ugly nor pretty women anywhere or anytime. To me this is a pervert that does harassing. Men (perverts) that think that they are all that,should be home with their wife/girlfriend acting like the man that they claim to be, instead of out doing such wrong doings. I myself have a hard time thinking that Larry would do something like that knowing what it could cost him and not only what it could cost him but just does not strike me as that type of person, yeah guys say things, not always meaning for it to come out the way it has nor intended for it to be towards the person he is speaking to. But once again you have these females looking for money or whatever it maybe that takes the words and turn them to their advantage.
Best of Luck Larry!!!

Peope believe what they want to believe even when you tell them the truth. Lies can hurt for years to come.
It people would think and look before the judge they might see the truth behind lies.
We shouldn't mention names but Mr. Taylor is a person that has helps many in the community and have a job that made people mad at him. Fact:This woman son was arrested for stealing. I sure she did't like that image. Did Mr Taylor serve paper to him? What did you think.
I hope this goes to court it will be shame to settle and give in to this type of person. I hope Larry and his family stand fast. Sometimes when you get caught doing something you try to lay the blame somewhere else. No I don't think Mr.Taylor will look guilty to all. It seem setting the stage is very common to this person. He has my respect, for being so helpful to me at one time on my life I need help. I hope things go better for him and his family. I hope his wife stand by him no matter whatI know both parties very well and I think the truth will come out.

Men or woman lie everyday and cheaton their husband or wife. For what reson it hard to tell.
Why can't someone settle down and have children and be happy. Most time they can. But them you have these woman or men out there can't stand seeing soeone happy and there not. They go after what you have and even when they break up the home, and they moved in they still not happy. Oh yes, they stay awhile and start the process oc cheater again.
History repeating itself over gain. If you cheat with her or him-- how can you ever trust that person or even married her.It might take a few years but it going to bit you into back in the butt.

To Irish, No clothes doesn't get you rape.
Things do happen and some people are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
But sometimes you actions does. You don't rub up and down on a man,flirt around, bend over so he can get a good look at your behind in short shorts and don't expect someone to react. Setting up people is easy and which has been done before.
AN old saying was - Your actions brings things to you or make trouble for others.

To make it perfect clear I think Mr. Taylor is a good man who has been setup for the very pruspose of what going on now. I know the woman "person" very well for years and know her games. This is not the fist time and more than likely not the last. Beware and stay away from your own good.

Having no comment on the lawsuit on this thread, I would just like to say two words regarding men and woman, who are equally responsible, no matter the circumstances. The words are: SELF CONTROL.

It doesn't matter if he/she is naked, you are responsible for you. Have self control!

"two words": BINGO!!! Personal responsibility is what it's all about! If personal responsibility is not possible then personal accountability is the next step!

In Pocahontas County you are guilty until you are proved innocence, then you are still guilty. Everyone believes what they want to believe; weather it be true or not. Most people take sides with their friends, and believe that person's side. Some use these heart-breaking situations to spread rumors about people that they don't like, or try to even old scores. It is very sad for both parties and their families.

This is what our elementary children say every morning.

"EVERYDAY I WILL CONTROL MY WORDS, ACTIONS, AND MY EMOTIONS. MY FAILURE TO DO SO COULD HURT ANOTHER PERSONS BODY, FEELINGS OR THINGS. SELF-CONTROL PREVENTS VIOLENCES."

I agree with the last poster.
ALSO GOSSIP in Pocahontas County makes you guilty anyway no matter if it is true or not

Please refer to my first post on this subject...

If you don't have first hand knowledge of a particular subject state it as opinion.

Your words should also be received as opinion...

Let me make myself clear, okay! What I've posted under this thread, was not directed toward,and has nothing to do with Mr. Larry Taylor. I know nothing about him or the pending case against him. But I will say one thing. What that individual said, and I quote, about ugly and fat women in Marlinton, was uncalled for. I'm willing to bet that he doesn't look so hot, himself! Some people seem to get a kick out of making fun of others. It's wrong, wrong, wrong, I hope that he has asked God to forgive him.

bump

I personal know Mr. Taylor and His family. I have been around alot of people in my life.But I never felt Mr. Taylor would hurt anyone in this manner. I just wish we all could just stop acking as if we are so much better than the next person. As for Mr. Taylor going to yard sales in the company vehicle maybe you might want to look at the guy that replaced him. I konw for a fact he stoped at rite aid in the company and bought a 24 pk. of beer. Boy that looked real good him walking out and getting in the county vehicle and there were two truck loads of teen kids out side watching him. But that is fine just donl't stop at a yard sale in a county vehicle.

Women are Raped and assaulted ever day by "good guy" who wouldn't do that

She must have.................. fill in the blank because after all this good guy

Yes, people is rape, beaten, etc. every day. But there also many people being set up for lawsuit and the money they can get. I know of one case on snowhsoe mountain last winter.
A certain woman working the wildcat store claim a person that works on the mountain was harrsement her. No (sexual) Well while this was under check under, even her co-worker said there was no truth to this matter. This person was told not to go into the store and he didn't. But in the end they found out the girl lie and was eventually gone from the store.
This person went into the store evryday and brought coffee and was alway polite and well like. He is still well like on the mountain. But is shouldn't have taken so long to check out to find the truth and this person should not been back in the mountain in any capacity. No he doesn't go into the store not does he wife. We both work onthe mountain and we tell everyone guests included to say out the store and how snowshoe personal treated this incident and this could happen to them. We will not promote any business on the mountain due to this incident. They new the truth and yet allowed this person to continue working. The truth does come out. But this person was setting some one to try and get money. It didn't work this time but what about the next time.

Did this happen to a girl who said this happened in a bathroom? Also is the man already a sex offender? I wondered because I remember hearing about something similar and that the reason nothing had been done was because the guy was related to someone at the sheriffs office. But I wouldn't believe that girl if she was the last person on earth. Never has there ever been someone more conniving and deceitful.

No, this incident happen in the wildcat store at snowshoe mountain. This person and his wife is good decent people and has visited the store often. But no more. This girl that work in the store is gone now. The man in question is a good man and does no harm to anyone. He is well like on the mountain. This man was so hurt by this girl- he couldn't believe someone would do this just to be mean and hurtful. His wife knew the girl was laying stood by him. If this can happen to him when he did nothing wrong or did anything to be blame. Snowshoe took to long inn checking out the girl storie. Her co- worker that work with said, she ws lying. Just a girl trying to lie and caused trouble. From what I know this girl works on the mountain once more but at another place.
Thank god for some honest people on the mountain.
Thing like this shouln't take 6 months to check out.
No I didn't hear anything about a bathroom, but there is to many sweep under the rug on the mountain.
Personally I think snowshoe knew the truth and didn't care to do anything to the girl. Even though he was abuse her time on th job, having her kids in the deli part when she was working, drinking onthe job, and even letting her husband steal from the store.
Maybe they should have check out these facts.

I seen Mr. Taylor today. It did not bother me to speak to him. I have always thought that he is a good man and that will not change. It seemed that he has a different look on his face and that makes me sad. I really like Larry and have always trusted what he has said to me.
I am behind Larry Taylor and his family they are good people...

Maybe the system needs to stop giving in and take it to court. After all this would be fair to both parties. Giving in just make it harder on the next person or business.

Any news on this thread.

I know Mr. Taylor and I see people with flaws in their characters but Larry is a good man. I can see or imagine remotely Larry doing one thing like what was said. I think it is out right lie and the person who made up this story must be looking for a check. Shame on them.

Larry does not deserve this. People you should voice your thoughts. Rally for a good man being dishonored. Larry you may see justise.

The awful truth of the matter is that once something mean and ugly is told about someone, than it's usually too late. Because the damage is already done. Alot of good and honest people are hurt everyday by those who set out to ruin another. They say that the pen is mightier than the sword and they're right. Words hurt. And when they are backed up by lies, it's even worse. Like I said, the damage is already done. My Mother always said "if you don't have something nice to say about someone, then don't say anything at all." Thank's Mom.

None of you were there - so none of you know what did or didn't happen.

No I wasn't there either -

I won't hang a woman out to dry -

just because he is a good guy who wouldn't do that.

1 2 3
contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!