Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Birtin Cemetry, Boggard Lane Oughtibridge Plot 051

Hi All

Sorry for my late reply....Thank you for confirming all names in plot 051. I noted the uploaded photo to find a grave for William & Annie Plant and there children seems to be in the centre of the grave. What I was trying to confirm if there is another headstone on the grave for William's parents Samuel & Annie (Ibbotson) Plant. Regards

Hi David...... Dates might help But doesn't the reply from Malcolm answer your question.

Elaine.

The image at:
https://images.findagrave.com/photos/2021/297/UNCEM_2204705_ceea49c0-88db-454f-a829-c902283f1934.jpeg?v=1635748698
Refers to:
William dearly loved husband of Annie Plant __ March 1974
Annie 23rd January 1979
Their Two Sons
Ronald William 1924 2 years
Roy 1926 Aged 7 weeks

I have re-checked records and find that William's ashes were interred in the same grave in 1974 and also the person who I said was interred in 1904 should read 1924
Regards - Malcolm Nunn

Hi Malcolm. Many thanks for update. Do you have anything on who purchased the plot. Am I right in thinking there would have been only 2 normal burials allowed in the plot Regards.

The Grave was purchased by Samuel Plant of Four Acres, Oughtibridge

Regards - Malcolm Nunn

Thanks Malcolm.

Can know confirm ( and have photos) that the rest of the above Plant families names are transcribed on the side of the graves plinth.