Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Frank Taylor b 1898 Surfleet, Lincs

Heather, thank you so much for this, I did notice gertrude Green Taylor MMN Taylor so I was wondering is she was another daughter of either Harriet or one of her sisters and that the baptism info is wrong or could the John be a John Green?

How sad about Julia. You dont hink she died from injuries sustained in another assault do you?

Harriett, mother of Frank, I have found her parents marriage details her mother was Harriet Booth who in 1862 married William Gibson and he died in 1867 and then Harriet remarried, FMP have the transcription wrong for her father.

Frank Taylor born 1924 (son of Frank born 1898) died in WWII I tried to find info on CWGC website but unable too are any details on any well known websites for him?

John

John
Are you aware that on CWGC you can search by age at death, and often for each person you find you can click on MORE DETAILS and there you will frequently find their next of kin.
Using that you can identify your Frank Taylor born Q4 1924.
You need to understand that he will have been called up on his 18th birthday in Q4 1942. Therefore if he died in 1943 before Q4 he would have been 18, if he died in 1844 before Q4 he would have been 19 and if he died in 1845 before Q4 he would have been 20.
On CWGC for Frank Taylor there are 2 deaths in 1844 age 19 and 2 in 1845 age 20. He must be one of those. 3 of them can be eliminated because their NoK is recorded. This leaves just one.
Sorry, CWGC currently down so only have some details in my head. He was Frank Taylor died 1944 age 19. He was Northampton Regiment 2nd Batt. His number is there. He has no known grave and is commemorated on the Cassino Memorial, Italy. There is no NoK recorded for him.
Dave

Cheers dave the one in the Northampton regiment I had eliminated him as going off my head I had found Frank Taylor at wellingborough on 1939 register with his parents who were not the ones on my tree but will recheck to make sure not made an error

BTW why would Frank Taylor be on the GRO index twice with the exact same page and volume info?

The one born 1924 I am on about

Hi John

Which site are you looking at for the 1924 birth? On FMP he only comes up once, using MMN Dickinson.

Ref Julia's death, I couldn't find any newspaper report of a further assault. My immediate thought abut the baptism for Gertrude was that her grandparents might have had her baptised as their own, to avoid the stigma of her birth being illegit.

Heths

sorry for late reply just got in from work....the birth was on the GRO website ie the one where you order certificates from.

what I might do is try and contact the church at Surfleet to see if they have a war memorial with Franks name on it.

John, there were 2 Frank Taylors from Northamptonshire Regiment They died one day apart and had different id numbers. How did you eliminate both of them?
Dave

I discovered that the nok information in the CGWC record depended upon the family replying to a letter sent after the war. So they may have known a contact but not received a reply, for whatever reason. I believe it can still be added if you have proof.