Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Alfred Edward Byford Harrop 1874-1878

Thanks Hugh for the info, In the new year, weather permitting, I shall try to get to Abbey Lane to look. However as Angela mentioned they were placed in section H but as Abbey Lane has a section H in both general ground and consecrated ground I presume they would have been placed in the consecrated section but could someone confirm pleas.

John

The St Philip's remains are buried in section B (consecrated) at Abbey Lane, against the boundary wall on the Abbey Lane side. I have seen elsewhere the suggestion that they are in sction H but that is incorrect.

I cannot at the moment find the plot numbers (I'm sure I have them somewhere!) but they are in the range B1126 to B1135, just about as far as you can get along the wall from the gate. I have a plot plan of the section from Sheffield Archives and a google satellite image I have labelled with the approximate location, if you would like them.

Hugh

Thank you everyone. I've now managed to make a time line for my Harrops and can update my tree accordingly.

Thank you for the photo Hugh - much appreciated.

The information you all provided made for fascinating reading.
cheers
Leisa