Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Joshua Willey born 1780

This site might help.

https://www.familysearch.org/en/wiki/Greasbrough,_Yorkshire_Genealogy

I believe the church is St Mary's but I could be wrong.

Yes you need to go back and start again because if you look at the 1841 census (and its him) his wife's name is Judith.

Elaine.

Jno is usually short for Johnathan

I have found a cd for Greasbrough and it names 6 children the earliest born in 1812 but they were all baptied in 1837.

I am wondering therefore have I found the wrong Joshua and Judith marriage for 1801 or were there more children but not born in the Greasbrough area.

Elaine I shall send you a scan of the marriage cert for Joshua Willey born 1822 to Annis Hawke which I know is definitely on the branch of the tree....that is when I have found it haha

I am wondering have I missed something obvious

John

Thats OK John I don't need it.

Is that family on the 1841 census yours? If not there are a number of them on Family Search but you have to do the searching.

Joshua and Judith were married in Rotherham Minster in 1801. St Mary's didn't open until 1826 probably one of the reasons for not having the children baptised as infants.

So decide if they are the right family or not and yes you probably need to come forward one generation.

Elaine.

Just need to check on fmp on 1841 census to see if they were butchers if yes then its the family