Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Colk

Thanks Roger for your kind comments.

When I set the site up way back we put the Message Forum there to be used especially for those not as confident in their research.That included myself at that time. I had had my knuckles wrapped a few times on a another site (Yorks Gen)?? and vowed our site wouldn't do that.

However saying that I do like folks to become as confident as possible in doing their own research. I know DaveT has ways and means of finding material that I wouldn't necessarily find. Thats the joy of it all. BUT we all love a problem as you know and try our best to help.

Keep going at your own speed but the GRO will help. I checked FreeCen out for you and they are not there on the 1911 census but FMP & Ancestry have them.

Soooooo have fun and I think JohnS comment might bear fruit. Fingers crossed.

Elaine in Ottawa.

John S
This is probably nothing but here goes. The Hannah Eliza Colk that Elaine found in the General Cemetery buried in 1882 aged 19.

There are lots of people buried in this grave but one that stood out for me is a burial in 1910 aged 55 years of an Albert REED. Is this significant or just a coincidence.

Born 1855 could he have been Joshua's father?

Sorry if nothing but wonder if Dave and Elaine thinks its worth investigating.

John
Albert Reed is in the same SECTION as Hannah Elizabeth Colk but a different GRAVE number.
Dave

Oops need to go to and clean my glasses nevertheless Dave I still think its connected somehow