Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Harold Jeffcock

Hi Karen,
I think you will find it on the Family Search, Mormon website.

HAPPY HUNTING:sleuth_or_spy:

Just looking at ww1 records on FMP, it looks like he was formerley on the TS Indefatigable prior to army enlistment to the Kings Rifle Regt.Macclesfield born and next of kin is Sarah Jeffcock her address given as Worksop Rd Attercliffe and his address was 7 Newark St Attercliffe.

Must be your man

Terry

Thanks Terry, exactly right. I didn't name the ship as I couldn't remember how to spell it lol ...
As you can see he names his sister Sarah as his next of kin. My mother who is Harold and Sarah's relative lived on Worksop Road as a baby.
So next I need to find any entries in Sheffield Homes and in Leeds Training School.
If anyone can help with any Sheffield entries that would be great!

Karen
The illegitimate birth in Macclesfield of Harold Jeffcock was registered at GRO in Q1 1892. Therefore he was born on 22 December 1891.
Note that he was said to be an orphan on the school record, and he was adopted by the guardians on 6th March 1901, so the Sheffield Union were under the impression that he was already an orphan in March 1901. Also, based on the 1901 census, they wrongly believed he was born in Leeds.
Dave

Karen, John William Davies was not a parent of Harold Jeffcock. Therefore you have no reason to expect him to be dead when Harold was in the Sheffield Workhouse.
Dave

Hi Wendy and Dave
Thank you for your info.
It definitely has given me food for thought.
Wendy, I'll take a look at this gentleman for sure.
Dave, I'd not thought of it that way.

It just goes to show that it's good to have extra pairs of eyes looking at something with you. Shows that I definitely need to look outside the box more!

Thank you both again

Got him,
Thanks Wendy!

Karen