Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: James Turner

Lorraine
Your James Turner, (born in Brampton) died in 1934 at 12 Herries Road age 57 and is buried in General Cemetery Sharrow in the same grave as his “wife” Mary Eleanor Turner (formerly Davison, nee Hodgson) who died 5th Oct 1919 at 59 Monmouth St. Also with them is son John died 30th Nov 1920 age 13 months. He died at 115 Jubilee St, the home of James sister Harriet Lee (nee Turner, born Brampton).
The birth of John (1919) and his older siblings Nellie (1916) and Joseph (1913) can be found on GRO index MMN Hodgson and the baptisms (from 59 Monmouth St) of Nellie and John are on FMP, father James, mother Mary Eleanor.
Going back to 1911, Mary Eleanor Davison, 35, widow was a domestic in Chapel-en-le-Frith and born in Bishop Auckland. Except she was not a Widow. Her husband George Davison (b 1872)(farmer), married but wife missing, was still in in Great Aycliffe Darlington where they and son George had been living in 1901 (young George died before 1911) .
George is still there on his farm in 1921, now a widow (had he heard of her death?) with housekeeper Elizabeth Shaw and adopted son Norman W Shaw
So James left wife Emma Jane and Mary Eleanor left husband George, both by 1911.
They were definitely together by early 1913 (son Joseph born Q4)
As I already indicated, on 1921 census James was with sons James and Harold (Emma Jane’s) and Joseph and Nellie (Mary Eleanor’s) at 59 Monmouth St, with a housekeeper (single).
I wonder who was the father of Emma Jane’s son George born Q1 1914?
“Oh what a tangled web we weave”
Dave

Re: James Turner

Thankyou so much Dav, that's fascinating so much information, I really appreciate your time and effort spend on this for me.

I am Sorry for my late reply. A half faulty hinge on my laptop that I should of got mended months ago, blew my laptop. Which in turn then couldn't be mended. Happily I have now got a new one. (lesson)-Next time I'll mend the few quid fault. Anyway thanks to you I'm back on track thank you. Lorraine