toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What can be done about creating Jobs in Poca.

yea who cares about slatey?no1 should let snowshoe worry about slatey.I for 1 left for work and if work would come the county i would come back fast as i could and alot of others would also.Think ill come home next year huntin season to help kill some meat,im a good ol boy and always will be im not a rabbit so dont eat rabbit food.Try kill all i can too

...Get Wealthy people to retire in Poca co. They Have the money so, that would bring other new businesses and jobs to the area.
ANSWER: Have a developer build a fancy, high end retirement community in Pocahontas County.

Elvis & Eminem could put on a show together. That would be a site to see, and it could be a regular nightclub thing...creating all sorts of entertainment jobs in the area. The Impersonator Palace or something like that. Alot of you wanted the caged ladies at the Connection to bring in the business. This way we get something for the women, and something for the men, and steady paychecks. Entertainment pays big bucks! LOL

BANDIT
...Get Wealthy people to retire in Poca co. They Have the money so, that would bring other new businesses and jobs to the area.
ANSWER: Have a developer build a fancy, high end retirement community in Pocahontas County.

That would be great, but from Someone knows of others who have come there to try this, They don't want it there, and I hate to say this, but one of my biz associates was there over the holidays, and " I am so sad about his reportings to us". When reading this site that I stumbled on a few months back, It is hard to even think of what is going on there, Jobs, I do remember when Harley was wanting to put a place there, Well ask the folks why that didn't happen, as far as the SS thing, That is because folks in PC don't want to work there, but also if they would thenm There should be a daily shuttle service to and from so folks could get there, If there is a place of someone who knows that would be a great area for what your talking about post it here.

Sad & Bandit are on to something - the way SS is going - IT could be a potential retirement community that would be a year-round 24/7 business. You could run food service, entertainment, etc 365 days a year vs a couple of months. Hey, even Starbucks wouldn't have to mothball for months at a time. You guys might be on to something !

i agree with joel only private interprise creates jobs that produce a prouct that turnes a profit goverment tends to make jods and tax us to keep them .

dont forget about the 'macro environment' that has been fostered in by ol' byrd and rockefeller, etc. that has created a culture of wv being the pre-eminent "worstest place" to conduct business;

http://wvclosedforbusiness.com/blog/

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!