Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Down Beckley Way

Mabscott Madness wrote:
I am concerned that Wayne Houckm Mabscott mayor and his Barney Fife cops are continuing their hocus pokus radar traps.
You can't hardly drive down Old Eccles Road without spotting them hidden and awaiting your $$$. Some of the posted speed signs are actually hidden by trees, and brush, such as the one coming up the hill on Old Eccles Rd. from Rt. 16.
Actually, as of the census of 2000, there were 1,403 people, 581 households, and 428 families residing in the town of Mabscott. Since they have less than 2000 residents, they can't legally use radar for capturing speed.
My point is this:
West Virginia Code §8-1-3.
"Classification of municipal corporations."
"Pursuant to the mandate of the "Municipal Home Rule Amendment" to the constitution of this state, all municipal corporations are hereby classified by population into four classes, as follows:
(1) Every municipal corporation with a population in excess of fifty thousand shall be a Class I city;
(2) Every municipal corporation with a population in excess of ten thousand but not in excess of fifty thousand shall be a Class II city;
(3) Every municipal corporation with a population in excess of two thousand but not in excess of ten thousand shall be a Class III city;"
Simply put, if the municipality has less than 2000 residents as of the 2000 U.S. Census and your speed was obtained using a radar or laser "gun", the ticket is null and void and there's simply no way to argue with it from a court's standpoint.
So why on earth does Wayne Houck, mayor of Mabscott continue to harass people and attempt to collect money from speeding tickets that they don't have the authority to write using radar? If the officer would attempt to say he calculated my speed with his eyesight, I would like to have his badge for being a fraud. No person alive can accurately do that.
Would the answer be similar to how Mabscott was found guilty of falsifying information in their recent annexation coup? Why does the Raleigh Co. Commission continue to allow Mabscott to harass citizens with their illegal radar? I am not in favor of anyone driving reckless or unsafe. However, I don't like small town cops trying to do things they aren't allowed to do.

Rhodell is doing their town the same way. They are runnin people out of the town due to the way the cops are doing radar too. Over the last month or so over a handful of people that I know have gotten tickets and I am talking about people that are law abiding, church going, would give me the shirt off their back for speeding around 30 or so miles ahour and I I think most of those might even been out of town limits as well. Now those of us that know the area now that this will not help or clean up this town. Visitors want to drive through the coal camps and see the area but Rhodell you are missin out on that money due to cops runin radar. Cause people are tell them to stay away due to the radar runnin. Cops can do better by gettin out the community & gettin to know the people and what is goin on in the area cause drugs, pills and stealing are really top on our list. Not going 5 miles over the speeding limit.

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!