Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Free software giveaway for Windows

Professor
....My most recent install of Zenwalk 6.2 (EXT4, kernel 2.6.30.5)took twenty minutes and everything functioned out of the box, no drivers to find and I mean everything, CD,DVD burning, printer, scanner, hot plugging of cameras, card readers, mp3 portable player, punched through the router and connected on line automatically......

Linux Ubuntu 9.04 on mine, dual booting with Win XP. I have downloaded Zenwalk but haven't tried it yet.

It's nice not to have to worry about virus and stuff, but my MS Zune and Dell Axim PDA don't play well with Linux, (everything else does,) so I have to keep Windows around. for now..

Cool.
Never tried any of the *buntus but I hear they are good. I like xfce for the desktop and the new ver.4 is tough to beat. They say Shuttleworth is stepping down from Canonical in the spring, hope that doesn't affect the quality of any later works.. One nice thing about Zen is that most all Slacky packages work with it but their own repositories are very extensive with the Univ. of NC being a nice close mirror. It also uses the latest LZMA algorithims for compression which is really fast.

I would guess there's only a handful of people in the county who will get this;
SUDO

I run Ubuntu 8.04

It's really not that funny but it did crack me up for a couple seconds

contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!