toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: If you or your family hunt - YOU ARE KILLERS!!

Well, what can I say. By the way, I was kidding, I'm not a vegetarian. My favorite steak is porterhouse and I love a good hamburger, too.

I actually went hunting with my Grandfather when I was young. We would hunt rabbits, squirrel and shoot bull frogs for frog legs. Not to mention all the gravy and dumplings. In my teenage years I hunted pheasant. I haven't gotten a deer, or a bear, yet.

Still, I think I brought up some interesting points for everyone to think about.

Meat "it's what's for dinner". Sorry, but it's been fun.

AAArrrrggg! I know who you are now!
I'll get you for that!!!

You! I oughta hog-tie you! The deer meat is all mine and you're not getting any now! You sneaky thing! Next time I hit a skunk, I'm dropping it on your front doorstep! LOL

Thanks for being good sportsmen about it.....I luv ya!!!!

Hey "not a hunter", from all us here at the tater, we salute you!

I 2ND that Emotion! ROFLMAO You deserved that Not a Hunter!

It is one thing if it is to be eaten, not just for the head of the thing, or to leave along the road side, It is one thing to hunt to eat, but just for the kill of it no, Thanks for the memories, of this.

Old Rocker
"not a hunter", Im sure you see the holes in the argument presented in that article, looking at the source says quite a lot.
Food plots are so the deer don't starve to death during the winter, for one thing.
Only 6%? I dont buy that either.
Hunting deer leads to deer/ auto collisions? Thats really reaching....

It makes sense to me that there are more deer/auto collisions on opening day. The deer are freaked out. They are running for their lives with people shooting at them. Of course they aren't going to take the time to look both ways before crossing the road!

None of the wild things look both ways before crossing the road! Went out today to visit some kinfolk. Moping along, Sunday driver style...and smacked me a squirrel! I could have been a stunt driver for that Geico commercial! Eased her on up the road, almost to my kinfolk's house, then whoopee, I lucked out and guess what I got next!

The smell was awful, got out the tomato juice and it stiiiiiiinks. I hit a daggone skunk today. Ya don't really get a dent from a skunk and a squirrel. Oh Not a Hunter! What's that on your front doorstep? ROFL

...I heard Skunk taste like chicken, with a little odd flavoring.

Smell's gettin' to ya, huh? LOL...it has been fun.

Not a hunter/drive by animal hunter---you guys are COOL !!! You made this a fun thread! I just wanted to let my budddy & his family know that there are tens of thousands of hunters out there in the good ol USA.
Most, if not all hunters, are willing to share what they harvest.
I'm in the process of making deer jerky right now. After they try it, they'll probably come on ol'TATER & start asking people for a good place to go hunting!

LOL, you're cool, too, CHAMP! It has been fun! Want a place to hunt? Rent my house. (Deer in the front yard.) I wanna go to Hawaii and drive a new car there for the winter. The experience of no dents on a new sports car I'm going to rent and no wild animals! Be my luck, I'll probably get smacked on the head when a coconut falls on me, LOL.

Old Rocker
AAArrrrggg! I know who you are now!
I'll get you for that!!!

Well, you wasnt who I thought you were, but we shell meet again

Nope,thats why so many hit them,.Any evening around dusk you can see that many..there was 38 in the feild at the boy scout camp,yes I stopped and counted

not a hunter
Bigdawg
According to insurance companies,you have a 1 in 39 chance of hitting a deer in Pocahontas county..From the high school to Huntersvills this afternoon,I counted 68 deer close to the highway.

Just my opinion but, I think you are exaggerating your count a little bit.

not a hunter u are wrong u have to eat meat once in yur life and deer is good. and so is bear.

first if your family, friends etc eat your kill you are providing an economical and practical means for food. also, you can always donate your extra to needy food banks. lastly, i would rather hunters kill deer than deer hunt my cars ;~ )

not a hunter, you posted on Nov. 28 that most deer/vehicle collisions happen during hunting season.
This is true. The reason is because deer are rutting this time of the year.Rutting means breeding.
I'll break it down for ya--boy deer chase girl deer,they hook-up & do the wild thing,then in early spring you have baby deer! Isn't that amazing?
Mother nature times it this way so the deer are born in the early spring to abundant food & nice weather so they can grow strong enough to endure the hard winter ahead.
So yes there are more accidents this time of the year, but its not because of hunters, its because deer are more active.
Hunters help wildlife & the forest in many ways. A small portion of all civilian ammo,firearms & of course hunting license goes back to DNR.

PS, if you still have a hard time understanding the rut,I'll ask the administrators to make a thread about the 'birds & the bees'.

Rut...those nasty bucks...no wonder they are flying across the road like the bad out of hell! I hope you all wait 'til their done, before you shoot them, LOL.

CHAMP,
You seem like a smart person so, can you add up all the hunters that are driving to hunt? More people on the road that are driving = more DVA's.
If you can't do the math, maybe the moderator can start a thread on basic addition.

Drive-By Animal Killer
Rut...those nasty bucks...no wonder they are flying across the road like the bad out of hell! I hope you all wait 'til their done, before you shoot them, LOL.

HA HA your too much!! I'll wait till their finished before I shoot! I would not stop anything (man or beast) in the act! wink

not a hunter--your not making since. Read some of your previous post. Hope you had a good thanksgiving.
BTW, did you have turkey?

CHAMP,
C'mon Man, read the top of this second page, and HELL YES, I had Turkey!

Did you happen to kill the turkey with your car, or did you shoot it? LOL

not a hunter
CHAMP,
C'mon Man, read the top of this second page, and HELL YES, I had Turkey!

My bad.....glad you enjoyed turkey.

1 2
contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!