toolbar powered by Conduit

Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
If you or your family hunt - YOU ARE KILLERS!!

My family & I have had a VERY good hunting season. My son has harvested 2 deer, I have taken 2 deer & my teenage daughter got her FIRST deer!!
I am really proud, please let me bragg a little. My young daughter has ask me to go deer hunting several times, she is a girly girl so I just blew it off because I didn't think she was serious. The last time she ask to go I told her we would take her if she really wanted to try hunting. She got really excited, so we planned our hunt.
The day before our hunt we dressed her up with some 'hand-me-down' hunting clothes. I took her out to a field & set up several targets, then I taught her how to shoot using a 22 rifle. (Guys, I hate to tell you this, but women & girls make EXCELLENT shots!
She had nothing to prove & she listened to what I told her) The night before our hunt, she could hardly sleep.
To make a long story short, we were hunting on private property & after scaring several deer we eased over a ledge & 3 deer were down below us, about 60 yards away. As we lay on the ground, I whispered that 1 was a buck, then I gave her the gun, she took a rest off of a big rock, BOOM, a perfect shot! After the deer went down I said YOU GOT IT! She jumped up & started dancing & yelling! She was much more excited than my son was with his first deer. She grabbed me around the neck & gave me a bear hug so hard that it hurt my neck!
After we went down & looked at the deer (a small 4-point), she was so excited she was shaking. After more bear hugs & high fives, it was time for dear ol dad to field dress the deer & drag it out. It was a labor of love. I will never forget her first deer & of course she won't. One day I will be dead & gone, but she will always remember Dad helping her get her first deer.
Family traditions run deep, almost all of my family on one side hunts.
My best buddy does not hunt, he calls us KILLERS!
He says I am crazy for teaching my kids how to kill. I tryed to explain to him its not all about killing, there is much more to hunting than just killing. It is heritage,bonding,traditions & much much more.
I called my buddy to tell him about my daughter's first deer, he was at a steakhouse restaurant (he likes his steak rare), he said we are crazy for eating those nasty deer! I tryed to tell him that those deer had a chance to run away, the steak & pork chops that he loves did not have a chance because they were in a cage.
He still insist that we are killers. This has hurt my daughters feelings.
How can I convince him that hunting is ok?

PS, this guy is a regular on tater,he post almost daily, he is addicted to E-TATER so he WILL see your reply.

Re: If you or your family hunt - YOU ARE KILLERS!!

Humans are at the top of the food chain! We should enjoy it while it lasts!
Sounds like someone wants it both ways, or maybe hes just trying to feel a little superior????

Congratulations to your little girl! That will always be special to her...something money cannot buy, your time and the sportsmanship of it.

I'm glad we have hunters of both sexes, no matter who wants to do it. You take the deer out of the road that I would have hit. Last one cost me a chunk of change for the deductible, and my poor car wouldn't even start.

I took out a coon about a month ago. I love it when you get those too! Remind your buddy who doesn't like to hunt, calls you killers...to just imagine the horrible death they would have every time I've smacked a deer with my car. Poor deer probably would have rather taken a bullet anyday than getting hit with me behind the wheel.

I just wish somebody would start hunting skunks. I hate it when I blast one of those! LOL

Old Rocker
Humans are at the top of the food chain! We should enjoy it while it lasts!
Sounds like someone wants it both ways, or maybe hes just trying to feel a little superior????

You ROCK --Old Rocker

Drive-By Animal Killer
Congratulations to your little girl! That will always be special to her...something money cannot buy, your time and the sportsmanship of it.

I'm glad we have hunters of both sexes, no matter who wants to do it. You take the deer out of the road that I would have hit. Last one cost me a chunk of change for the deductible, and my poor car wouldn't even start.

I took out a coon about a month ago. I love it when you get those too! Remind your buddy who doesn't like to hunt, calls you killers...to just imagine the horrible death they would have every time I've smacked a deer with my car. Poor deer probably would have rather taken a bullet anyday than getting hit with me behind the wheel.

I just wish somebody would start hunting skunks. I hate it when I blast one of those! LOL

Good logic & good humor!!!

Somehow, it doesn't seem right, the deer can't SHOOT back. Here they are, Momma deer & Bambie deer, and Momma deer is just showing Bambie deer how to eat what nature has provided for them. Along comes some BULLY with a gun and JUST KILLS one of them and jumps up and down with glee! All they were doing was grazing and having a little family time on God's green earth.
I know, the population of deer needs to be controlled BUT, geeeeeeze.

Those deer taste really good, but I aint about to eat no roadkill. Let them kill them away. I'm like a serial killer with my car. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Guess I could take a taxi, but you don't find those in the country. And if you rode a motorcycle, they'd just jump on your lap and cause you to wreck. Then you'd be dead right along with them.

What do you think the Indians and John Smith did back in the day? Just eat Turkey? That would have gotten old fast.

I forgot, Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, too!
LOL

Well, maybe the "family killers" should try and hunt Bear, at least they might have a chance at fighting back!
We all know there are areas where deer frequent and you should use precaution. I haven't hit one yet.

not a hunter
Somehow, it doesn't seem right, the deer can't SHOOT back. Here they are, Momma deer & Bambie deer, and Momma deer is just showing Bambie deer how to eat what nature has provided for them. Along comes some BULLY with a gun and JUST KILLS one of them and jumps up and down with glee! All they were doing was grazing and having a little family time on God's green earth.

Sorry, didn't mean to upset you. We also need to control the population of all the cattle & hogs & chickens that humans are eating.

PS, was the cow grazing in the field before the farmer made him into a steak for you to eat?

You must not live around here. I can mope at 35mph, drove many different colors and types of cars...in the daylight, in the dark, in the snow, in the rain, in the sunshine. I get them left and right. Every time I got a new car, within a month, at most, I had a deer for a hood ornament. I give up. I may start walking. Pick me up if you see me. LOL

Forgot to tell ya, I hit a bear in the bu** one night, a cub. He didn't even dent my car. It was a cub and I wasn't stopping to check out my car. I got further up the road first. The deer do alot more damage.

Our family are Vegetarians.
And Drive-by, you must be one bad driver.

not a hunter

Hummm...same old story!!!
Taking a Deer is better than eating Beef.Not A Hunter every thing you eat something has to die that means some person has to kill every thing we eat..Wow think about that. Deer,Hogs,Cows.Turkey,ect Just think every time you eat an egg! well you get the picture...Every thing has to die to feed you.I just seen you dont eat meat....Still someone has to cut the head off the onions,letteuce,jerk them out of the ground thrown them in a bucket,drown them before they take there last breath as they bob around trying to stay alive,talking about A Bully killing all thoes plants so you can eat and stay alive......Wow

Mr. Vegetarian, my friend used to be one, until I let her taste deer meat. Now she has to have Angus steaks, too. Her doctor said she finally checked out really healthy, no longer anemic.

I'm telling you, only cars should be on the roadway. I have never hit one of those!

not a hunter
Well, maybe the "family killers" should try and hunt Bear, at least they might have a chance at fighting back!
We all know there are areas where deer frequent and you should use precaution. I haven't hit one yet.

Before my kids were born, I used to go bear hunting with nothing but a switch & a bad attitude, but the bear would always run in the other direction.

Texas Style--Very good point, your gonna start making them think!!! WINK......

Drive-By Animal Killer
Mr. Vegetarian, my friend used to be one, until I let her taste deer meat. Now she has to have Angus steaks, too. Her doctor said she finally checked out really healthy, no longer anemic.

I'm telling you, only cars should be on the roadway. I have never hit one of those!

You make me laugh so hard, its hard to type...!!!!

CHAMP
not a hunter

Before my kids were born, I used to go bear hunting with nothing but a switch & a bad attitude, but the bear would always run in the other direction.

I'll bet the Bear didn't have a gun!

That's what's wrong, Not a Hunter's been messin' in those weeds too long, LOL. Did they go to his head?

Please reread the above post, I went hunting with 'nothing but a switch'.

CHAMP
Drive-By Animal Killer

You make me laugh so hard, its hard to type...!!!!

LOL

CHAMP

Gotta admit that night I hit that bear cub in the bu**, I know he had a sore boooooooty. CHAMP, you need to take my car if ya wanna get a bear. It was up on Cheat Mountain and scared me 'til I nearly pi**ed myself. I looked all around for big Mama. Didn't know if I'd total my car trying to take her out. She might break my car window out and eat me.

Texas Style!!!
not a hunter
....Still someone has to cut the head off the onions,letteuce,jerk them out of the ground thrown them in a bucket,drown them before they take there last breath as they bob around trying to stay alive,talking about A Bully killing all thoes plants so you can eat and stay alive......Wow

No, we eat the onion heads! And the last time I checked none of my veggies were breathing or bleeding before I chomped into them. Of course, there are baby veggies. But, nothing did "the wild thing" to produce them. But it looks like 'ol Champ plants his deer anyway, since he harvests his deer KILLS.

Drive-By Animal Killer
CHAMP

Gotta admit that night I hit that bear cub in the bu**, I know he had a sore boooooooty. CHAMP, you need to take my car if ya wanna get a bear. It was up on Cheat Mountain and scared me 'til I nearly pi**ed myself. I looked all around for big Mama. Didn't know if I'd total my car trying to take her out. She might break my car window out and eat me.

I'd love to go for a ride with ya, but I'm gonna wear my crash helmet if that's ok!!

I wear my helmet and I'm in a car. LOL Bring your rifle. You can road hunt. Maybe I'll get lucky and won't get any dents in the car. LOL Even at night, just shoot those glowing eyeballs before they get me! LOL Hopefully we don't take out a skunk while you're hangin' out the window. LOL

Drive-By Animal Killer
I wear my helmet and I'm in a car. LOL Bring your rifle. You can road hunt. Maybe I'll get lucky and won't get any dents in the car. LOL Even at night, just shoot those glowing eyeballs before they get me! LOL

I'd love to go road huntin with ya! We didn't have turkey yesterday cause I'm a lousy turkey hunter.
Have ya nailed any turkeys this year?

Got one of 'em last year, all over the grill, didn't even need the turkey caller...poor guy at the car wash had a heck of time with all of that. I swear, I'm an animal magnet. Wanna hunt, come ride with me!

You all think it's funny but, I hear of more people getting shot and killed by hunters, who say, "it was a deer", than I do, deers killing people because they hit them with their car. Last time I checked, people didn't have a rack on their head!

Drive-By Animal Killer
Got one of 'em last year, all over the grill, didn't even need the turkey caller...poor guy at the car wash had a heck of time with all of that. I swear, I'm an animal magnet. Wanna hunt, come ride with me!

I didn't want to tell ya, but I work at the car wash! You were the turkey hunter without a caller, I remember you!
It's probably illegal for you to kill all that game.
Do you have a car hunting license?

Oh, poor guy...honest livin', workin' at the car wash...you had to clean up Turkey. I know you don't eat roadkill. LOL

It's probably illegal, but the cops only stop me when I go through a road check. Luckily, so far, no animals have been hanging on when I've gone through one yet.

I'm only licensed to drive, not hunt. But I can't help it. I get attacked by wild animals! Help! I'm gonna start walkin'. None of this was in that drivers handbook! I've already had my crash course in roadkill and they could never train you for that. I may have to get a car that backfires so the animals will think I'm shootin' at 'em so they'll go in the opposite direction. That's the only thing I haven't tried. LOL

not a hunter
You all think it's funny but, I hear of more people getting shot and killed by hunters, who say, "it was a deer", than I do, deers killing people because they hit them with their car. Last time I checked, people didn't have a rack on their head!

I agree, there is no excuse for a hunter shooting another person. I would love to explain hunting to you sometime.
Wanna go out sometime & have some chicken wings & beer? We could talk about all the crazy people in this world,where we're going, why we're here, then we could go back to my place & .............

not a hunter

Accidental shootings aren't funny. Not laughing at that, scenes can be controlled and hunters should be safe.

But, my point is, I don't even have a gun! I'm just driving a hunk of metal and those wild things attack me! I've killed them all, so they are already deader than a doornail by the time I get out of the car. Guess if I would have swerved to miss them, I would have been killed by now, but I mope. I'll give you some roadkill deer meat to go with that whine.

Drive-By Animal Killer
Oh, poor guy...honest livin', workin' at the car wash...you had to clean up Turkey. I know you don't eat roadkill. LOL

It's probably illegal, but the cops only stop me when I go through a road check. Luckily, so far, no animals have been hanging on when I've gone through one yet.

I'm only licensed to drive, not hunt. But I can't help it. I get attacked by wild animals! Help! I'm gonna start walkin'. None of this was in that drivers handbook! I've already had my crash course in roadkill and they could never train you for that. I may have to get a car that backfires so the animals will think I'm shootin' at 'em so they'll go in the opposite direction. That's the only thing I haven't tried. LOL

Try driving up cheat mountain backwards, the carb. will overload with gas & it will backfire. See, problem solved!! The animals will run & the gaurdrails will keep ya in the road!!
I'm gonna start chargin for all this advice!!!!

I'm gonna have to try that! Let the carb overload! It will sound like I'm firing a rocket launcher. I can hear it now, pa pa pa pow pow pow! Look out! Then I'll spin around and be face to face with Mama or Daddy Bear. ROFLMAO Wonder if they like porridge and not white meat??? LOL

inore him champ what you are doing is legal and good for your kids .hunting is a big part of american tradition.i dont do it anymore but have no issue with legally harvested game it teachs your kids ethics and morals.hunting today helps control game populations so they dont interbreed to much or spread sickness if left unchecked game population will always graze the area and suffer starvation of the winter hunting helps control this.inore him or her they are obvoiusly far left wing peta types

not a hunter

Those veggies don't stand a chance with you around, do they? maybe they would like a chance to fight back too! LOL!!!
But seriously, what you eat is your own decision, none of my business or anyone else's, but consider this, there's no higher life form that doesn't live on some other life form, it's just natures way.
Next time you look in the mirror, check out those teeth, sharp front teeth for cutting meat and grinding teeth in the back for veggies and those tough Kroger steaks....,
Humans are omnivorous animals, why not eat the way nature intended animals to eat?
Being a vegetarian is actually going against nature.

How many animals in this world have gone extinct or almost extinct because of hunters & poachers? Well a lot of hunters are nothing but "Bloodthirsty Renegades"!

Im not saying your wrong about that, and as a matter o fact Im also against "trophy hunting". But the subject was if hunting makes you a killer? and my point was that hunting for food and eating meat is completely natural.
Like I said before, its a personal choice and your own business, but many, (not all,) of the vegetarians Iv met were just using the "lifestyle" as a way to feel superior to other people.

Oh, I know I'm not superior to anyone, maybe my children.

This is the way Iv always felt about hunting, and maybe its just because I was born and raised in WV (country boy). But, someone who has hunted, field dressed and prepared/ ate a deer, or any other animal, butchered a hog or even killed a chicken for sunday dinner, THAT action gives a person a true feel for his/ her place in nature. Someone who has never hunted or butchered will never know that, and probably wont understand what Im saying. Whenever I eat beef, pork or a venison steak, I *know* that there is a cost besides money involved. And I appreciate my place in nature a little more for that.
Its kind of humbling when you think about it.

My 15 year old son got a 3 point at 7:10 am Monday morning. He shot his first deer at the age of 8. My husband got a spike on Monday evening and I got a doe on Tuesday afternoon. It's not about killing. It's about the thrill of the hunt. My son & husband love to sit down the night before and plan out their strategy. I have some health issues, so I just sit in our field and hope something runs by. We have made memories that will last a lifetime. Venison is very good for you and has no cholesterol.

According to insurance companies,you have a 1 in 39 chance of hitting a deer in Pocahontas county..From the high school to Huntersvills this afternoon,I counted 68 deer close to the highway.

Bigdawg, what's your trick? I know there's alot, too. I'm jealous! You got to count. I usually hit them before I can get to count to #2!

Bigdawg
According to insurance companies,you have a 1 in 39 chance of hitting a deer in Pocahontas county..From the high school to Huntersvills this afternoon,I counted 68 deer close to the highway.

Just my opinion but, I think you are exaggerating your count a little bit.

There are too many deer here. I can't get away from them in the car. The other night, I was unlockin' the front door...somethin' came walkin' real nice and slow...I was quivering, but I did have something to smack them with. Here it was, two deer, just staring at me, like two bug-eyed freaks. I'm starting to hate them. Anyone wants to rent my house while I vacation in Hawaii, they can have all the deer they want.

My grandfather explained everything to me once as we rode to our hunting spot.

"There's a place on earth for all Gods creatures. Usually right beside the mashed potatoes and gravy."

He was a very intelligent man. And it still holds truth today.

I agree. Let somebody else kill it, do whatever they do. I'm too prissified for that part. I don't mind frying it up and eating it. Tastes a little similar to cubed steak, to me, but better.

It's alot better than taking all that vitamin crud, said my friend, the former vegetarian. She has even eaten Moose now. I didn't get that one with my car, LOL.

I will convert Not a Hunter yet! He/She doesn't know what they are missing! I should get the guys to take all of my roadkill down to the Roadkill Cookoff, LOL. Makes ya wonder where they get that from??? I'm not eating any! LOL

Here is an excerpt from an article that has some interesting points:

Stop Killing Deer
Anti-deer-hunting/culling article to be in Animals Voice magazine
Without a doubt, the biggest and hottest wildlife issue concerns deer “management”. Biggest because well over 10 million deer were killed by hunters in 2006, plus another 1 million died in deer-vehicle accidents (DVAs) which also involve human fatalities, plus the fact that massive culling of urban and suburban deer is spreading like wildfire across the land. And hottest because the 30-states-in-5-months (July-December) Compassion for Animals Road Expedition #5 (CARE-5 or Deer Tour) of Heal Our Planet Earth (HOPE) is making it so.

The first point I make here can cause wide-spread controversy and confrontation between hunters and anti-hunters. Hunters blame deer overpopulation for causing the DVAs as justification for the massive killing of deer in the eyes of the non-hunting yet safety-conscious public, but I contend that the DVAs are at least in part deliberately caused by none other than the hunters themselves.

Although only 6% of the American public hunt, they still amount to millions of deer hunters. To ensure themselves of enough deer to hunt, they use feed plots in the wild to artificially boost the deer population to “overpopulation” levels, which then causes high DVA rates.

Not only this. Ask any major insurance company what day of the year has the highest DVA rate, and you will likely be told that it is the opening day of the deer hunting season, and that the two months of the hunting season account for about half of the year’s DVA total.

I'm just going to start walking/hitch-hiking. I'm tired of bent up metal...better yet, rent my house, hunters...I'm going to Hawaii!

Not a Hunter, I'm sending you over some nice, fresh deer meat, mashed potatoes and gravy...along with a Hunting magazine. You'll want to grab your gun and get you one for the freezer!

The others, get them out of my yard, but let me know first, so I can duck for cover.

"not a hunter", Im sure you see the holes in the argument presented in that article, looking at the source says quite a lot.
Food plots are so the deer don't starve to death during the winter, for one thing.
Only 6%? I dont buy that either.
Hunting deer leads to deer/ auto collisions? Thats really reaching....

Old Rocker
"not a hunter", Im sure you see the holes in the argument presented in that article, looking at the source says quite a lot.
Food plots are so the deer don't starve to death during the winter, for one thing.
Only 6%? I dont buy that either.
Hunting deer leads to deer/ auto collisions? Thats really reaching....

Hey! The statistics are right there. Unless you have something (with some merit) to counter the magazine's findings, this is what we have to go on.

Well I don't believe everything I read on the internet, you however, seem to swallow it all hook line and sinker, I guess just because it suits your personal world view to do so.

1 2
contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!