Visit The New Etater!

Forum is moving to new host!

Etater Public Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Cat and Dog Fight at Durbin Council Meeting

He is getting his daily rush as the BIG MAN in town. He likes to put in butt in the mayor's seat so he can go to inter state and feel important all day. Don't worry Hambone we got your back.

Stinkwell, Your post is terse,competent:The non user sewer charge does seem more like a tax. If you were mayor of Durbin, what would you do about that tax, about contamination of the Greenbrier (which is vociferously denied by several spokespersons) and also the METRO plan?What would be your goal for Camelot on the GreenBrier?

First of all, end the battle--give up, surrender. Institute the "flush test" Each home has to prove that their commode will flush. This means that there is water going in and waste going out. If it backs up, something is wrong. If there is no water to flush the waste, then there would obviously be no water used. If the waste won't go down the down dry then there is no waste produced.

Go away; put a sign on the door--no charge!

If each of you would work together, instead of against one another, their would be less stress, and you'd get a lot more accomplished! This is just a thought I had, hope you don't mind me sharing it with you. Good-Luck with solving all your problems.

Now you will receive half a dozen posts saying that the circuit Court said that the places not connected nor used, must pay anyway.How will you answer ?

Thank you, Me My for your polite and gentle post.

No problem with the "flush test" but you need to make sure that no one has CARRIED any water into the building. As I hope everyone knows, you can flush a toilet with a bucket of water - no running water required. Sewer functioning; no water service turned on.

Simple: The fee is a backdoor tax for services not provided. No Taxation without representation.

Brevity is the soul of wit, it is said.In Stinkwell,s case, it is also the soul of sagacity.

You cannot flush into the sewer with a bucket of water if there is no connection to said sewer.Why do you not trust solid ciizens when they say that they do not use the service?Durbin is a small town where it is known if someone is living in a vacated building and flushing with their pail. Will you ever call a truce in this 5 year old war?

95% of you need to take this up with the WV Public Service Commission, tell them the Town can not charge. You see the Public Service commission are the ones that set the rates for the Town of Durbin to use. So the WV Legislature is wrong, the circuit court is wrong, the Supreme Court is wrong, the Public Service commission is wrong, and of course the Town of Durbin is wrong, because they actually believe that following the law was a proper thing to do. See how your darned if you do and your darned if you don't. Society is not what it used to be. Common sence has been thrown away, and replaced with stupid crap.

Waste disposal again.
You cannot flush into the sewer with a bucket of water if there is no connection to said sewer.Why do you not trust solid ciizens when they say that they do not use the service?Durbin is a small town where it is known if someone is living in a vacated building and flushing with their pail. Will you ever call a truce in this 5 year old war?

There is where you are wrong, everyone has to be connected, unless they have been condemned. Not the town rules, but the wv sewer rules, and the Health Department. Everyone is connected that can be connected, and if they unhooked with out consent from the WV Health Department and PSC, law suits will be flying, along with stiff penalities for everyday that it is disconnected. No people can not be trusted, a couple did actually do the pail of water flushing,

And you are right?The Supremes did not hear the Durbin sewer case ;too bad they did not. The local court, who knows the idiosyncracies of the town ,was correct in their decision: It should not have been appealed.

actor and audience
Thank you, Me My for your polite and gentle post.
You're welcome, thanks for noticing. It would be such a pretty world today, if people were only kind and nice to one another.

Now Norman,let us hear your update,analysis etc. of METRO.Will it do Pocahontas any good?I have not read anythin g about it lately.Will the Commission invite its author to speak?

Waste disposal again.
And you are right?The Supremes did not hear the Durbin sewer case ;too bad they did not. The local court, who knows the idiosyncracies of the town ,was correct in their decision: It should not have been appealed.

Wrong again, the law is the law, and the plaintiffs are not a above it, even if you think so. The Magistrate court was wrong.

I see you have a great legal mind as well as being an engineering genius.

I Dismiss Outrageous Posts
I see you have a great legal mind as well as being an engineering genius.

Sorry to disappoint you , but no great mind here, just plain common sense. Everybody should have some, if not get some. Lets not forget the truth. Several have followed the case, and should know the truth, but maybe decided denial is the best strategic move.
I believe in the old days that was called playing dumb. HA

Hey,Fact, how long are you going to carry on this internet feud? Do you really believe that the Durbin utility problems are solvable by "common" sense? If they were ,then we would not have them year after year, mayor after mayor,council meeting after council meeting.Mark my word, some genius will come along someday and show us how to rid the environment of contamination : He/she may even show us how to modernize our government and how to live happily ever after.

act and fact
Hey,Fact, how long are you going to carry on this internet feud? Do you really believe that the Durbin utility problems are solvable by "common" sense? If they were ,then we would not have them year after year, mayor after mayor,council meeting after council meeting.Mark my word, some genius will come along someday and show us how to rid the environment of contamination : He/she may even show us how to modernize our government and how to live happily ever after.

There is no feud going on, but I can not stand no brainers.
Where is your common sense?
Common sense tells you to get answers to the sewer questions, you need to call in the engineering firms, that are qualified in this area. Now tell me if that isn't just plain common sense. DUH

Your posts indicate a grade of A in insulting, juvenile remarks,and a c minus in critical thinking. I am sure that Durbin and it,s problems are in capable hands if you are in charge.

act and fact
Your posts indicate a grade of A in insulting, juvenile remarks,and a c minus in critical thinking. I am sure that Durbin and it,s problems are in capable hands if you are in charge.

It would only be an insult and sound juvenile if it hit home. As for critical thinking, where is your critical thinking in your posts? Enough of you, so long. By the way it should have been a b c. Ha

Solve the problems . Commoner.

What hit home, your half truths?You should go to the other forum since you like insulting and name calling.

I am personally insulted by your reference to "some genius." I have offered my considerable expertise as a fault finder to the Town of Durbin for minimal salary. I would be willing to take the mayor's job. I think it will take about six months to work Durbin into shape but I am confident that it can be done.

Move to Durbin alderman.I would give you two weeks to bury the town.they would proably welcome your positive sunny outlook on life

Stinkwell,how could you be insulted when you are the genius to whom I refer? But you will either have to move to Camelot to be elected or find some other way to get in office: Someone could start a petition to extend a 50 foot right of way to your house to get it into the corporation. Or could we just incorporate the whole county, since there are so few people,and let you be a county supervisor? What do you see as the main problem with Durbin ?What would you do first.?

Just out of curiosity, you mention "the other forum". Didn't know that there was another one?? Not from Durbin. Thanks!

1 2 3
contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!