THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Holy crap, I guess i'm a bass...

Hey man! I'm in the same road as you. I'm a bass
and my lowest note is a F2. Sometimes i can hit
an E2 but not everyday. Just humming..

Just a curiosity.. arround B3 or a3 do you feel some
change in your tone? Some teachers say that the
bass first bridge is arround A,a# or B below middle
C. Maybe its because this we get very 'hard' at that
area from C4 to E4. I'm having trouble too in this
area too. We will get it

Some day i could hit a full voice in D and E4 but
again i cant hit. LOL!! its crazy somedays i hit
and somedays not. I'll never, never, anymore eat
any bread or drink milk. i hate phlegm. ahhh!

i can say that at B3 and C4 i feel the chords trying
to do something.

For what it's worth, that stuff (natural range) to me means crap. I'm a baritone who can get to the Eb above Soprano C. I have worked for a LONG time on getting my mix voice to kick in LOWER so that the "rock" tone starts earlier. I found that when I sang chest around the F above middle C, I didn't sound like my ROCK GOD heroes. I trained my falsetto/mix voice to kick in around middle C if I want it, so I can add some bullshit/grit to it to get it more "rock" sounding. It's developed into a voice my teacher says is an "extremely big/resonant falsetto/mix that doesn't sound like it." THANK YOU JAMIE VENDERA.

That range stuff is crap. It's VERY cool that you can sing that low. I've had to sing "Lowrider" before and could have used you. :)

Keep working on breathing man. I don't get my screams out of my throat all the time, and don't always get the resonance I need, but as long as I'm breathing correctly, watch out audience. :)

Great work so far, keep it up. I've found that whatever you want your voice to "do," this book/methodology can pretty much get you there. You might not sound as good as someone else at it, but hey, you're doing it. :)

C2-middle C is only two octaves, no four. I am sure you can go higher falsetto though. I am sure you can hit a C5, maybe even a C6, so 4 octaves total is probably not out of your reach.

James, were you referring to my post? When I said C-2 to middle C, I meant C negative 2....it was just like a joke, you know how singers are always talking about their huge ranges, and were it possible to hit notes that low, then you could still have a massive range and not be able to hit anything above middle C.( )

Anyway, I can hit things above middle C, I can technically hit full voice notes up to A5, I just can't sing using them yet. I can sing like a single vowel sound on them, but I cant move between them too well and I certainly cant sing through my bridge. So in a very very technical sense, I guess I have about 4 and a half octaves, but I can only sing with about 2 or 3.

Oh yeah, well my dog can hit a B in the 643rd octave, and I don't even have a dog! I just got off work from a long day and I'm feelin' kinda retarded right about now, so please excuse my idiocy.

Oh, and Paul, I don't really feel a bridge around A3/B3...between C4 and C#4 is basically when things start to change drastically for me. There's a little change around A3, but certainly nothing I would call a bridge. I mean, if the change I experience around A3 is considered a bridge, I must have about 30 bridges. I tend to feel little changes all throughtout my range, but it seems like my one bridge is from maybe C4-G4.