Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Douglas Hudson emigrating to Australia

I hope someone can again assist me witgh my tree.

Douglas Hudson born in 1922 in Sheffield married in 1949 Dorothy Thackeray.

Sometime later, not sure of the circumstances, they split up and Douglas moved to Australia.

I have looked on the Travel and Migration section on FMP and I have not found a match...it is not the one listed who was living at Bradford that went to America

We believe he went to Adelaide and died there in 2008 but South Australia record indexers will not let you search less then 30 years ago.

I have enquired about trying to see if there is a possible probate record but as yet I have not registered to look.

I was wondering, does he show up on Ancestry, perhaps they have more listings etc and hnece that is why not on FMP, I do not even know what year he went so he might not be listed at all if he moved after the indexes on the websites finished date wise.

Thanks for your help once again, really appreciated.

John

Re: Douglas Hudson emigrating to Australia

John try the following.......

https://www.genealogysa.org.au/resources/online-database-search

Genealogy SA (South Australia)
Online Database Search.

Elaine.

I have relies that went there in 24th July 1847. Matthew Burdett (Birditt) from Brigstock Northamptonshire.

Going back to this, I am trying to contact South Australia state records to see if they can find his death. However when you go to the contact page you need to insert an AUSTRALIAN mobile number.

I was wondering would anyone of our friends in Australia be willing to enquire please for me.

Cheers

John

Another site for you to try.

https://www.archives.sa.gov.au/finding-information/family-history-research

Elaine.

PS. Observation for you to keep in mind John is that many of the people you are asking about maybe still alive. Many places have the 100 year rule for giving out information. You just have to dig a little harder.

Found him arriving in Australia in 1972.

And did it list his address in Australia? You could then contact a local family history society for their help.

Elaine in Ottawa

No 11 flat 1 frederick Street Mansfield Park adelaide

Hi John,

So you have an address in Adelaide. Now its up to you to contact a Family History Group in Adelaide.

Take care Elaine.

For modern Australian deaths, https://ryersonindex.org/search.php is a good starter.

There are 18 Douglas Hudson hits.
One is a death 17 Nov 2008, notice published in the Herald Sun, but Melbourne. Aged 77. So nota good age match.

Then there is this one
HUDSON Douglas Death notice 18JUN2011 Funeral date 88 Adelaide Advertiser Published 16JUN2011.
Age indicates born about 1923.

Terry, thank you forgot to post that I had received info on this from South Australia FHG they have a Help us column in their paper on sundays so they are going to put a message in for me when they have space.

I don't know when that will be or even if I will get any replies but I will keep you posted.

John

Just to let you know mystery now solved a lady saw my message in the FDHG paper and has sent me some fantastic info.