Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Sheffield Indexers Site appears not to be working

Help, the Sheffield Indexers site appears not to be working, in particular I am looking at burial, can anyone advise please

Re: The Sheffield Indexers Site appears not to be working

Monica, the system is working perfectly so the problem must be on your computer. Try clearing your cache.
Dave

As suggested in an earlier thread, I think this a problem with Chrome. The search engines and forum stopped working for me several days ago, on both my laptop and my phone. Fortunately*, I do have Microsoft edge available and the site still works in that browser.

Hugh

*The word 'fortunately' applies only in this instance and in no other in which I am forced to use Edge :)

thank you

Thanks for your reply. I know I shouldn't glad that it is just me that is having the problem. I shall probably have to go down the same route and use Edge.

Re: George William Parkin. 1861 census

Having same problem on Samsung tablet (Chrome) but OK on MacBook (Safari) must be something to do with the last update a few days ago, have cleared cache but no good.

Hugh
As suggested in an earlier thread, I think this a problem with Chrome. The search engines and forum stopped working for me several days ago, on both my laptop and my phone. Fortunately*, I do have Microsoft edge available and the site still works in that browser.

Hugh

*The word 'fortunately' applies only in this instance and in no other in which I am forced to use Edge :)
I have just been on to Host Papa the server for our site. (Canadian)

She checked the following servers out..... Chrome, Microsoft Edge & Fire Fox.

All working well. She suggests as Hugh said that is a Chrome problem.(UK?)

Not techi myself I have no suggestions.

Elaine.

Hi

It's Chrome and the fact that the latest versions assume that all website addresses start with 'Https', for security.

So it will always use Https in every website address.

Sheffieldindexers site starts with 'Http' ( no s). So when Chrome automatically adds the 's' it means our site doesn't function fully.

When accessing our site you need to check that the Web address starts with 'Http'. If it starts with 'Https' you need to delete the 's' in the address and then press 'enter/return'.

That should then take you into the site and it should work as intended.

Denise

Not sure what I’m doing wrong…leaving the “s” out not working for me.

Hi David

I think I'll need to email you and see if I can help any further.

I use a Samsung Tablet with Chrome and don't get any issues!.

Denise

Mine (Chrome) came right this morning. Not having to right click to open forum and don't have to drop the s for the search pages.
Hope it stays that way.

It's just flipped back to needing the s removal for searches

Mine didnt work on my phone but did on my PC.

Hi I was having same problem

Follow Denise's instruction and delete the S and it work as normal.

I'm still not able to access on Samsung Tablet via normal route but strangely can access via Incognito tab. I have tried on my old Samsung Tablet which does not have the latest update...was OK but not working now, so really don't know what the problem is. Sent this post via Incognito.

Not working for me either. Problem noted a couple of days ago. I get message "Form not secure. Auto fill turned off. Using HP laptop, Windows 10 and chrome.

Hi Kalfred

Can you confirm you've tried the solution I posted on this thread and it hasn't worked, so you're still having problems.

Denise

Hi David

I emailed you something else to try on your new tablet, did that not work?

Denise

Hi Denise, I tried your solution but I'm still having problems. Using another tablet to post this.

Sue winter
Hi Denise, I tried your solution but I'm still having problems. Using another tablet to post this.
Hi Sue

I've tried emailing you directly but it's bounced back saying that email address isn't recognised.

So could you email me please so I can go through a few things with you to try.

Denise

Hi Denise, I have managed to get the site on my pc but still no luck on the tablet. If I use the Samsung search engine it works but not with Google. At least I have found a way around it thank goodness.
Will keep playing around – regards Sue Winter

just checked my email it should be sue.bob59 - so using my gmail account instead