Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sidney Whiteley born 1903

Sidney Whiteley was born in 1903 the son of Clement Whiteley I think.

On the 1921 census he was living with George Frederick Whiteley and his family, I was wondering if someone could work out for me please what relationship Sidney was to George as I am hoping this might lead me to the if Clement was related to John Henry Whiteley whom my posted about earlier this year on the forum of was Sidney just a visitor and hence no connection.

Thanks in advance

John

Re: Sidney Whiteley born 1903

His birth reg,

WHITELEY, SIDNEY WEST
GRO Reference: 1903 M Quarter in ECCLESALL BIERLOW Volume 09C Page 508

MMN West is that correct.

Elaine.

Thats the one

Hi John,

I think you may need new specs LOL.:nerd_face:

1921 census. is closed but for $4.41 cents you can open it or what ever the equivalent is in sterling.

Sidney, Clement, Susannah and 1 other are on this record

Elaine.

John
I am currently away from my pc.. will get your answer when I get home later
Dave

John, you have confused me.
The 1921 census for Sidney Whiteely b 1903 shows he is the son of Clement, who is Head. The only others in the household are Susannah and Freda. No George Frederick.
Dave

I shall have to recheck my notes then and details of where I got the info from so perhaps after all I have been going down the wrong path.

I wonder then if I have picked the wrong Sidney up then if you search the 1921 census Index for George Frederick Whiteley born 1901 there is one living at St John's, Sheffield and listed is Elsie Gertrude , Sidney etc so perhaps therfore I have got the wrong Sidney.

John, Living with George Fredrick(sic) Whiteley (b 1901) in Sheffield in 1921 are:
Elsie Gertrude Savage (1898)
Sidney Savage(1898)
Elise May Savage (1919)
And one other.
Dave

THe other member of the household is Thomas Whiteley McGreavy b 1907
Dave

Dave sorry for late reply just got in from work, thank you for that so I can rule out Sidney Whiteley then etc

John