Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
General Cemetery Sheffield

When I first started researching. There was something like an excel sheet for the General Cemetery for people who had plots there. Does anyone know where to find it.

I am looking for Mary Langton Born 1795 buried 18th June 1843 Its a large grave near the top lodge Cemetery Road. Her son is buried in the same Plot Joseph.

I am redoing my research to see if I have missed anything.

Any ideas please. Many thanks.

Re: General Cemetery Sheffield

So sorry their names should be Mary PRICE and Joseph PRICE Mary Langton was her unmarried name Many thanks

This is what we have in our database....

PRICE, Mary (Wife of Samuel Price, miller, died on 15/06/1843, at the age of 49).
Resided at Broomhall Mill, E.B. and buried on 18/06/1843 in ? ground;
Grave Number 1843, Section H78 of General Cemetery, Sharrow.
Notes: Decline. Place of Birth: . Parent(s): Joseph & Mary Langton.

the maps which can be found under Burial Headers.....

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype/Messenger

Many thanks for the information. I was just wondering if the excel sheets were still in existence or do you have to pay for everything via the Cemetery site. I have just done a family history course and the Tutor said it was easy to access the details. Now I know more of my ancestors I was going to have a good look for some others, they all lived on Cemetery Road area.

Hi Kathleen,

I would contact The General Cemetery and see what they have to say.

Last time I dealt with them many years ago they wanted me to refer folks to their site or the contact person for further information.

They like to do their own "thing".

Elaine in Ottawa.

Many thanks again That is what it looked like to me. Looks like they are now charging for look ups. I was just going to have a general search not by individuals Thank you for all you do it is most appreciated.

Does anyone is happening with the Sheffieldrecordsonline site? That has records for the General Cemetery. It used to work fine for me until fairly recently but now whenever I click on “Log In” it always fails to react.

Heths

Hi Heather,

I think that there is no one willing to take on the site and pay the bills.

Do you have the NBI index that Sheffield Family History society transcribed back about 2000? Most of S&DFHS work I believe is on line with FMP.

Just give names and I will see what I can find.

Elaine in 30deg sweltering weather. Thats global warming for you.

Thanks Elaine. There’s no names which I need to look up for myself at the moment. I just thought, if anyone knew how to get the log-in to work it might be a solution for Kathleen, for browsing.

Heths

Elaine send some of your nice weather to Sheffield Please its like Autumn here today

Hi Elaine

The transcription work done by S&DFHS is also available to purchase on the Genfair site, just search on there by supplier. Also a lot of the record sets are available as downloads.

Kind regards

Leipzig

Ottawa Weather

32deg today next week back to seasonal temps 15deg.

Elaine.