Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parents

I am trying to find the parents of John Horn dob 1795 born Stockport, died 16/6/1864 Denby Dale. He was married to a Sarah Kilner dob 1789 born Denby Dale died 1870 Denby Dale. John occupation is listed as Fancy Weaver.
I have found a family tree with the parents names being William and Ann but I have not found any evidence of this so far. Hoping you can help.

Re: Parents

Hi Marlene, John Horn married Sarah Kilner 17 April 1816 Penistone. John died 1864 Wortley. Sarah died 1870 Wortley. There is a christening for John on Find my family 1796 Cumberworth but i cannot access it. Perhaps someone can help with that.

Can anyone help my inquiry regarding John Horn's christening records. Is anyone able to access Find my family.
I am trying to find Johns Horn's parents details was hoping Johns parents would have signed the christening form.

Hi Marlene,

Two sites for you to check out.....

1. FreeReg

2. Family Search.

Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype/Messenger

The Cumberworth St Nicholas baptism details are:
10th October 1796, Father is Thomas, a stuff maker, mother is Elizabeth

The 1841 census shows a John Horn aged 45 (rounded) at Upper Denby, a fancy weaver married to Elizabeth (40) with children Edward (10) William (8) Levi (5) Matthias (4) and a one day old female infant. Next door with the Gaunt family is George Horn (15)

The marriage that would fit this John Horns census details is at Penistone on 5th January 1818 to Elizabeth Taylor.