Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lost Relative

Hi. I just wondered if anyone can help.
I am looking for a Walker Dawson (some times called William Walker) 1876 Sheffield He emigrated to Canada around 1910. He is missing from the 1911 census as is his wife and daughter. His wife was called Gertrude Melena Griffith 1884 not the one who died 1909
Daughter Lena Lillian 1905.
I cannot find the departure but Walker and his daughter finished up in Canada. Don't know what happened to his wife.
Sorry it's long winded Stay Safe Dave W

Re: Lost Relative

Hi Dave, Hope this helps. Lena Lillian Dawson
Bride
Canada, Nova Scotia Marriages, 1907-1932

Marriage 22 October 1925
New Glasgow, Pictou, Nova Scotia, Canada

ParentsWalker William Dawson, Lillian Griffiths
SpousesJames Walker Russell

Walker William Dawson
Principal
Canada Marriages, 1661-1949

Marriage 16 June 1909
New Glasgow, Pictou, Nova Scotia, Canada
Birth 1877
Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom

Parents Charles, Selina

Don't now if this is any use.
Walker William Dawson landed in St John's Newfoundland from Liverpool on the 'Siberian@ on 7 August 1906.
Lena Dawson with Lillie Dawson arrived in Montreal from Liverpool on the 'Lake Erie' 1 June 1907. Going to join husband in Sydney Nova Scotia.
In the 1921 Canada census Walker William Dawson is with wife Christina Lillie and 3 other daughters.
In 1918 Walker William Dawson married Christina McDonald in Pictou Nova Scotia

HI. Thank you Catherine That's the information I was looking for. All the other wives I know about I am in touch with Walker's great grand son in Canada. He seems to believe Gertrude died in Sheffield but looking at the indexers site, it's a different Gertrude and it gives her husband. Just got to sort out her death now.
Thanks very much. Stay Safe. Dave W

HI. Just wondered if anyone could help with the death in Canada of Gertrude between 1907 and 1909 when he married again. THANKS.
Stay Safe Dave W.