Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wadsley Baptism

I am searching for the baptism of Sarah Ann Wood whose birth was registered at Wortley in the December quarter of 1856. Her parents were Isaac and Sarah Wood (nee Stevenson). Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Wadsley Baptism

Hi Margaret,

I have looked at all the baptisms I have (C of E) and not found her. Maybe a Methodist which have not transcribed.

Have you checked FMP or Family Search.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Using a combination of GRO INDEX and our baptisms over to the left it looks like Sarah Ann's sisters Fanny 1848 and Mary 1852 were baptised at Wadsley Church. They had Mmn Stevenson and mother Sarah and father Isaac (labourer).
Dave

It looks like a third sibling, Lucy Wood b 1864 mmn Stevenson was baptised age 14 at Wadsley, see baptisms over to left. But thereis no sign of baptisms for Sarah Anne, or brothers Harvey and Isaac. So they baptised their first 2 chhildren xhortly after birth, missed the next 3 and their 6th child at age 14, perhaps at her own request.
Dave

Margaret, I need to correct my earlier message. HARVEY Wood IS CLEARLY NOT ONE OF isaac and Sarah Ann's children.
He is actually the son of Thomas Wood and Ann (Hannah) nee STEPHENSON, who married in 1849. THE GRO index says Harvey's mmn was STEVENSON, an easy mistake to make.
Dave

Dave,
Thank you so much for your information and update. I couldn't place Harvey so problem solved. I appreciate your help
Margaret M