Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GEOFFERY ARROWSMITH

I am looking for a Geoffrey Arrowsmith the son of John Thomas Arrowsmith & Jessie Ward.
Geoffrey was born Apr - Jun - 1944 in Buckrose Yorkshire. I have searched all the ancestry site with no luck did he marry or has he died. In 1939 John T. & Jessie Arrowsmith was living at 21 Peter Street, Thorcroft, Rotherham.
I would be very grateful for any information regarding Geoffrey.
My very best wishes
Fred Wheatcroft.

Re: GEOFFERY ARROWSMITH

Hi Fred

Just checking -

The Geoffrey Arrowsmith born in Buckrose (MMN Ward) was born in A/M/J 1942

There is another Geoffrey M Arrowsmith (MMN Arrowsmith, married name could have been given instead of maiden name as does happen sometimes) born In Rothervalley J/F/M 1945

I cant find a Geoffrey Arrowsmith born in Buckrose in 1944?

John Thomas & Jessie married in Rother Valley, and there are 2 other children born to MMN Ward - Eileen in 1941 in Rother Valley and Keith in 1946 in Rotherham

Thurcroft where they were living in 1939 is in Rother Valley.

It could be that Geoffrey born in Buckrose in 1942 died and then they went on to have Geoffrey M in 1945 in Rother Valley?

Or it could be a coincidence that theres another Arrowsmith/Ward marriage and the birth in Buckrose isnt connected to John T and Jessie?

Denise

Hi Fred

I think you can ignore the Geoffrey M Arrowsmith Born in 1945 in Rother Valley (MMN Arrowsmith) as I think I've found him travelling to America in 1952 with a Nellie Arrowsmith from Thrybergh, Rotherham.

So back to looking for Geoffrey born in 1942 in Buckrose!!

Denise

Hi Denise,
Thank you very much for your very kind reply's I think I will have to give this one up as a bad job.
y very best wishes.
Fred Wheatcroft.

Hi Fred,

There’s a newspaper report, Birmingham Daily Post 20 April 1966:

“Guardsman hurt in attack on Aden Camp.
A guardsman was seriously ill yesterday after being wounded in the head in a rocket launcher attack on Dhala Camp, Radfan, Aden, during the weekend, the Army’s Headquarters, London District, said yesterday.
Guardsman Geoffrey Arrowsmith, aged 24 of Barnard St, Wem, Shropshire, is serving with the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards.”

Is this the one you’re looking for?

Heths

Fred
On FMP there is a death for a Geoffrey Arrowsmith in 2007 in Lancashire. I cannot see the full record.
Dave

Hi Dave

The one who died in Lancashire in 2007 was aged 74, year of birth ca 1933.

Heths