Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Annie Elizabeth Warburton / Green

Maybe you sleuths can help with this one...
I’m trying to find out what happened to my grandfathers eldest sister.
Her name was Annie Elizabeth Warburton and she was known as Cis.
Her birth was registered Q2 1900 Sheffield and she was baptized 28/03/1900 at St Simons.
Her marriage to John Joseph Green (13/08/1920 Heeley) was in the name of Annie Cissie Warburton and she was 20 at the time.
My late mother thought that Annie had 2 sons, one of whom might have been George Henry Green born 1925 (baptism on this site.)
I’m unable to trace Annie after that 1925 baptism although you have a possible burial for her husband John Joseph in May 1939.

Heths

Re: Annie Elizabeth Warburton / Green

Hello Heather

FreeBMD has these GREEN/WARBURTON post 1920 Sheffield area births

Births Mar 1921
Green John A Warburton Ecclesall B. 9c 81

Births Jun 1925
Green George H Warburton Sheffield 9c 880

Births Mar 1937
Green Raymond Warburton Sheffield 9c 787

Births Dec 1938
Green Norah S BIR births posWarburton Sheffield 9c 778

Tony

Its possible she may have remarried. On the 1939 register there is a family Annie E Green with 4 closed entries so children. Above her name is written Nicker so she may have remarried a Mr Nicker

Hi Heather, The 1939 register could be misspelt could be Vickers. There is a marriage July 1941 Sheffield to John Vickers. Also a death of Annie Elizabeth Vickers born 15 March 1900 died July 1981 Sheffield.

Hi Barry and Susan,

Thank you so much! FMP was bringing up nothing when I searched for Green, but when I looked for Vickers there she was with Green crossed out and with a son wrongly transcribed as Goven.
Mystery solved 😊

Heths

Hi Heather, Her burial is on this site too.