Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
School Records

Regarding a school record for Vincent JEPSON, there are two leaving dates. Why is this please?

Re: School Records

Hi,

If you look closely at the notes you will see that it says readmitted.

BUT..... having said that if he was born 1878 and left school in 1905 . That would have made him 27. So I suggest that the date of birth is incorrect.

Unfortunately I no long have the 1st DVD of school admissions and #2 starts 1918.

Sorry about that. Once the Archives open maybe you could check both entries and let me know so I can change whats in our database.

Thanks Elaine.

Instant Messenger: Skype

I will try to find out, thank you Elaine.

Elaine,I've checked General Records Office. JEPSON, Vincent,1878, 1st Quarter, Ecclesall Bierlow, Yorkshire West Riding volume 9 c page 371.
This fits with the rest of the family.

The image of this record is on FMP

d.o.b. 1 Jan 1878

admission 11 Jan 86

date of leaving 9 Aug 86
and 24 Jul 91

No mention of re-admission.
I will email the image if you want to see it.

Anne

That would be good, thank you. On Indexers it says 11 Jan 1886 until 9 Aug 1886, followed by 24 July 1891, reason for leaving, previously attended infants school. Thank you for your trouble.

Hi Ladies,

I have managed to work it out......

I used FMP to get to the 2nd page that Vincent Jepson is listed.

The error is ours, date of leaving I believe should be 1891. That would make him 13 which makes more sense.

If someone else with FMP could check it out before I change it in the database please.

Much appreciated Elaine.

Anne, I received your email this morning. Thank you very much. It confirms most things. There is still a problem with the fact that there are 2 dates on the one record. Maybe one for admin to look at. thank you again. Jean.

Hi Jane,

I sent you a message yesterday. I had checked it out but wanted someone else to confirm what I had noted.

Anne confirmed it this am and I have changed it to 1891 as the 2nd entry does not give
a day or month in 1891. That is what now shows in our database.

Thanks for letting me know.

Elaine.

Elaine, thank you very much for your help. Jean