Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ferninand Gebhardt

There is a on Picture Sheffield a picture of the aboves Pork Pies shop at 195 Pond Street.
I have a postcard what must have handed to my Grandmother Ellen [nellie ] Duffy maiden
name Conroy Stafford Lane Sheffield. This postcard was sent in 1915 from South Africa.
There is NO mention of my grans name or address on the card so may have been passed onto
to my Gran ? so I wonder was Mrs Gebhardt Related First name not known.The postcard was
addressed to Mrs.Gebhardt [Pork Butchers] Sheffield Moor Sheffield England ? Ferninand
according to the Sheffield Telegraph 3rd. of April 1926 the 2nd. April 1926 aged 64 he aws
born in Prussia...Question he lived on Abbeydale road where was he Buried and when did he
marry and what was his wifes maiden name Thank You Patrick Former Sheffield 12

Re: Ferninand Gebhardt

Ferdinand Gebhard married Ellen Thomas q3 1887 Ecclesall Bierlow
Dave

Hi Patrick

Ferdinand and Ellen are buried together - their burials are on this site over to the left. Hes down as a Pork Butcher.

Also on this site are a number of baptisms for children with parents Christian and Christine (Christiana) Gebhard - who were also Pork Butchers. Could be Ferdinands brother??

Christian and Christines burials are also on this site.

Also a marriage on this site of Christian Gebhardt to a Fanny Pearson in 1885 - Ferdinand is a witness.

Denise

Thank you to Dave T and Denise That is great my gran Duffy had a letter from South Africa
from the same area of a Gustav Borcherding and Norah she was born in Sheffield
I will give you more info later Thank you Patrick

To Dave T. is there a Gravestone Gebhardt grave number 9632 Section S. my GRAN Nellie Duffy

is on the catholic Section along with my parents Thank you Patrick

Patrick, sorry, not my area of expertise. You need Tony, who I hope will pick this up.
Dave

Hi Patrick,

If you would like to look over to the left under MI's you will see that Tony Morton is the chap to ask re Headstone (MI's) for City Road. Cemetery.

Section S I dont believe is the Catholic section basing this on my family who are in section D right next door and they are not Catholics.

Have you checked out the Map & Photo's At the Top of the page (Burial Records)you might find them helpful.

I must check out which is the Catholic section at City Road,

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Found the following where the Catholic Sections are situated.

Sections V1 -V5 hold many baby communal graves known as Common Graves

Section U is predominantly graves for the very young

Section Q is generally the area where ashes are scattered

*Roman Catholic sections of the Cemetery are HH, GG, KK, LL, FF, FF1 & R6

Around many of the Section perimeters are unmarked graves usually known as "Margin or Marginal Graves" The plot or grave number/s of these "Margin" graves can vary considerably to the number of the actual section plot or grave number/s. Margin graves can hold several occupants, none of whom may be related"

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hello Patrick,

There is a headstone at Section S plot 9632. From the angle I took the photo it lists

Gebhardt, Ferdinand (Child, age 13).
Died at 812 Ecclesall Rd; Buried on April 15, 1903

Gebhardt, Ellen (Wife of Ferdinand, age 61).
Died at 812 Ecclesall Rd; Buried on February 22, 1923

GEBHARDT, Ferdinand (Pork Butcher, age 64).
Died at 36 Broomhall Place; Buried on April 6, 1926

You are welcome to a copy of the photo if would like one

Tony

Yes please tony I have lived in Sheffield 1939 until 1964 and live in the Midlands and now 18
years Tenbury Wells Worcs.I will put these to my family file.Thank you all. Patrick

Hello Patrick

I have mailed you the photo.

Tony

Hello Tony Photo Received Thank You