Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1851 & 1881 Census

Hi has anyone any idea where I can get the 1851 & 1881 SHEFFIELD census on disc. It's to use whilst not on the internet. Have tried Genfair.
THANKS DAVE W

Re: 1851 & 1881 Census

The 1851 census is available on disc from S & N Genealogy but it's only available to buy county by county and the discs are sold in bundles; so, if you need more than one county it can be quite costly.

Hi Dave, take a look at www.sheffieldfhs.org.uk you may find some answers there. Barry Green

Hi I have tried www.sheffieldfhs.org.uk and also S & N Genealogy and no joy Thanks Dave W

Hi Dave,

Have you tried looking at Family Search. I am sure I have seen material from different census pop up.

Regards.

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Hi tried but need internet Thats why I am looking for ir on disc.
Don't mind buying them. TA Dave W

Hi I just tried The church of the latter day saints and they have census on cdrom . I just typed in where can I buy one from and that came up. Worth a try

just be careful with that. I had the census for 1881 from them years ago and they do not work on 64 bit machines that is unless they have made newer versions.

John S
just be careful with that. I had the census for 1881 from them years ago and they do not work on 64 bit machines that is unless they have made newer versions.
Hi John S

I have the 1881 Census and National Index CD pack and like you comment, it won't work on a 64 bit computer which I have here.
I am not an IT geek, could you or anyone explain in simple terms what modification to this computer would be needed to have the CD back working.

Look forward to your reply

Roger

Have you tried playing it through a cd player linked to your TV?.
Dave

sorry I am no computer geek either so unable to help.

Sorry I can't help either Dave W

Just checked and the 1881 census is on Family Search.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/2562194

Elaine in Ottawa.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Dave T
Have you tried playing it through a cd player linked to your TV?.
Dave
Hi Dave and thanks, will give your suggestion a try

Roger

Elaine in Ottawa
Just checked and the 1881 census is on Family Search.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/2562194

Elaine in Ottawa.
Hi Elaine and thanks

Will have a look at Family Search

Roger

Hi everyone. I have got Ancestry so whilst on the internet it is no problem, its whilst I'm not got the internet that I wanted them on DISC Thanks Dave W (HAPPY NEW YEAR EVEYRONE)

Dave W
Hi everyone. I have got Ancestry so whilst on the internet it is no problem, its whilst I'm not got the internet that I wanted them on DISC Thanks Dave W (HAPPY NEW YEAR EVEYRONE)
Sorry should read I'm not on the internet. Dave W