Sheffield Indexers

Welcome to our forum ~ please post your questions below.

Sheffield Indexers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
City Road burial check please

Now that our friend VICKI has retired from the website whoever has now taken over or can someone please check me the following:

Section V4 plot 555 City Rd Cemetery in it is Ernest Littlewood died 1948 and Ernest Littlewood who died in 1963. Ernest who die in 1948 was married to Elizabeth.

Elizabeth Littlewood died in 1951 and on this site it say buried section V4 plot 855.

I have just looked at the plot map for this section and there is no 855 so I was wondering is this a transcript error and she should in fact be in plot 555 with the others.

Thanks in advance

John

Re: City Road burial check please

Hi John,

We are still here and working away on site material & problems.

Yes, we continue to transcribe and are currently working on Sheffield Parish Church Marriage registers.

Regarding Elizabeth Littlewood.What you are suggesting re V4 855 seems logical.

I do not have the original material for City Road after 1946. My copies cover 1881 to 1946.

My suggestion to you would be to contact Bereavement Services at City Road checking if the *8* should be a *5*. Please let me know your findings.

Elaine in Ottawa
Sheffield Indexers Site Admin.

Instant Messenger: Skype

Re: City Road burial check please

Just had a reply from the bereavement services, Elizabeth is indeed in V4 555 they understood why the transcriber put an 8 but they checked the grave register and that is much clearer and they can confirm she is in V4 555 so if you want to amend the record for Eliazeth that would be fantastic,