Return to Website

Tiger Rumblings

This is a huge fully indexed site containing 800 documents and  316980 words and is by no means perfect, so if you see something is wrong or you are having difficulty with loading a page, please feel free to comment on it via e-mail or the GuestBook. or the 439 Tiger Notes , or if you have a question on 439 Tiger Squadron. Since feedback is essential for a work such as this, feel free to add your comments.

Tiger Rumblings
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Info on FO Geale W. Hewson

Hello,
I tried to contact you by mail but this seems to be a bit difficult. I never got a reply on my emails sent since 2013. We are building a database about the war over Zeeland (Netherlands). During the war 700 AC. crashed or made an emergency landing in our province. One of the aircrew that crashlanded was Flying officer Geale W. Hewson. He almost escaped the Germans by the help of Mr. Westrate. When Mr. Westrate reached him the allerted Germans started to shoot at them. Mr. Hewson handed a Walter P38 gun over to mr Westrate and some letters. The letters were kept until the area was libertated by the 4th or 5th Canadian Inf. Bde some week laters. Then he sent the letters to Canada. The gun he kept himself. When he died the gun was given to the liberation Museum In Nieuwdorp. We have it in display. We want to add some info on Mr. Hewson in our database so he also gets a face. By playing a role in the Battle for the Scheldt he has earned a place in our database. look at www.databankzeelandwo2.nl or www.bevrijdingsmusuemzeeland.nl for more info.
best regards
Hans van Dam
Database volunteer.