Return to Website

Sheena Easton Message Board

Welcome to the Sheena Easton Message Board.  Click on the logo to return to www.sheenaeaston.co.uk

Sheena Easton Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SHEENA RELAUNCES SHEENAEASTON.COM

SHEENA HAS RE-LAUNCHED HER WEBSITE, INFO AND CONCERTS DATES UPDATE AND A FABULOUS 5 MIN ADVERT FOR HER MUSIC....MUST SAY A WLCOME CHANGE FROM NO INFO...

Re: SHEENA RELAUNCES SHEENAEASTON.COM

YES! Do you think Sheena's going to be back in the circuit?

It's so much more up to date and professional. Was pleasantly surprised to see a showreel. But her voice in the clip isn't at it's best, I think.

Great to see as mentioned. Agreed about her voice, has she been smoking or just not using her voice? She's not off key, just very raspy and not even close to hitting those notes. I know your voice register lowers but the clarity doesn't go away unless your just not using it, or possible health issues. I really hope this means there is more to come!

Sheena's never been a smoker, so unless she started really late in life, that's not it. She was probably caught on an off-night. Also, she has said in interviews that she's never had voice lessons, and I've often thought she may not know the proper techniques to help preserve her voice.

Sheena's voice has gone "worse" because she's 54 years old now.
A voice like she had/has doesn't last forever.

I understand the age thing, however, Olivia Newton-John sounds a little more raspy, but not as much and she can still hit many high notes with ease. I have seen her live numerous times, so it's not just a one off opinion. That is why I asked about Sheena. The point about never having taken lessons makes sense, but didn't she go to acting school? They would have taught vocal techniques there.

Agree it could be because she's never had voice lessons.

I remember Streisand saying that she never had a singing lesson and her voice live (ie truly live, not masked by backing tracks) sounds raspy and she struggles to hit the top notes.

It's a shame as they're probably my two favourite singers of all time.

Robbert
I understand the age thing, however, Olivia Newton-John sounds a little more raspy, but not as much and she can still hit many high notes with ease. I have seen her live numerous times, so it's not just a one off opinion. That is why I asked about Sheena. The point about never having taken lessons makes sense, but didn't she go to acting school? They would have taught vocal techniques there.

I understand what you mean.
Sheena Easton is a soprano, and a soprano voice doesn't last forever.
Also Sheena may have "worn" out her voice, since she's constantly performed in concerts during her entire career.
If her songs were re-arranged to a lower key, it might have helped.

Singers with an alto voice lasts longer.
Bette Midler is an alto, and she still sounds pretty much the same as before.

But no matter what; a singer must take care of her/his voice.

Just look at Liza Minnelli... Once she had one of the best voices in showbiz, but with her smoking, and all the booze and drugs, her voice is gone
(which is sad, because people may forget how good she used to be).
I still keep wondering why Liza doesn't stop singing and instead take up her acting career. She's still a good actress.

Sheena should be working with a vocal coach from time to time to keep her voice exercised and in shape. At her age and stage of career it is VITAL to keep her voice in check by excercising it properly. Not just doing her live performance sets.

This is from Valentine's Day 2014. She sounds amazing to me!

https://soundcloud.com/chris-williams-cpw-inc/anyway-live-14-by-sheena

So awesome! Thanks for the sound clip!