Return to Website

Sheena Easton Message Board

Welcome to the Sheena Easton Message Board.  Click on the logo to return to www.sheenaeaston.co.uk

Forum: Sheena Easton Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
SHEENA IN TOP 40 ON SUNDAY TIMES RICH LIST UK

Sheena Easton earned $6.4 million US dollars in 2011/2012 according to the UK Sunday times rch list.
Sheena ranked top of 23 female representatives in the listings....Good on Ya Sheena

Re: SHEENA IN TOP 40 ON SUNDAY TIMES RICH LIST UK

Can't imagine where the money's from. she hasn't been doing much performing. wouldn't trust that news. wishshe would get back on the scene. her kids are in their late teens already, aren't they?

Hi

Is there a link to that as can't find it.

It's possible, as she's always done lots of corporate gigs, which aren't advertised but are very well paid.

And yes, I do wish she'd make a comeback!!

The Sunday Times (UK) rich list is published annually, Sheena has featured in this many times, the list is compiled from Companies House in London. Think of her Royalties from her music, sales, and concerts, I can't imagine Sheena travelling far and wide to Japan for less than 250,000$.....It has always been suggested she earned a lot of money from investments, it also states her wealth currently stands at $62.646 Million dollars.....

I wouldn't imagine Sheena get much from royalties, as she didn't write any of her hits. Besides, most music nowadays is just ripped and shared. So artistes don't get much via that avenue, I think. And SHeena has always said that the sum is vastly overstated. All I know is she's wealthy (or "not poor"as she said in the Kirsty Wark interview). And since money isn't a consideration, why can't she just put up a new album for her fans who've stood by her all these decades???

Unlike many rock stars of the 70's and 80's, Sheena is one that always has seemed to be smart about money. She never had a drug problem and she's never had a manager steal all her money. Unlike Olivia, she doesn't seem to own her master recordings, which isn't surprising for her EMI years where she signed as a new artist. She's played Vegas a great number of times and in one interview referred to Vegas as silly money.

I think you are all right, Sheena must have had been very smart when she was making all the hits. She must have saved, invested and not spent it on wild living. Unlike some other stars who were bigger than her (e.g., Whitney), Sheena did not have to feed the drug dealers.

And in the 80s artists were better off as their music was not "stolen" via the Internet. So I reckonthough her albums were not massive sellers they did bring in more income than today's big stars. She was in the business at the right time and left at a right time too.

Maybe there are too many negatives associated with album releases that she wants out of the business forever.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com