Return to Website

Sheena Easton Message Board

Welcome to the Sheena Easton Message Board.  Click on the logo to return to www.sheenaeaston.co.uk

Forum: Sheena Easton Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
What is SHEENA EASTON'S most compelling lyric ?

Greetings Sheena Fans,
Sheena has had many fabulous lyrics in her songs . What do you think are her most compelling lyrics ?

These particular lines are some that have always struck me -

"I am not in love but I'm open to persuasion" from LOVE AND AFFECTION (written by Joan Armatrading.) The words are soft, subtle and sweet and Sheena sings them exactly like that which made them all the more effective.

The whole chorus of MODERN GIRL.

"She don't build her world, round no single man man...she is free to be what she wants to be and what she wants to be is a modern girl."

An anthem for female empowerment but alas no one besides her fans noticed :(.

Then there's "Sugar Walls". Think about the very first time you heard those racy lyrics.....yeah THOSE lyrics ! I'm not ashamed to say I was gleefully shocked at the time !!

What are yours ?

Special HOWDYs to Rob I, Robert Sanchez, Marcos (hola!)and Teemu !

Happy Easter,

Sabeha

Email  
Re: What is SHEENA EASTON'S most compelling lyric ?

For me it's 'Love Will Make You Wise". Then a close 2nd for me is 'I Wouldn't Beg For Water". The emotion in those songs when she sings those lyrics blows me away.

Email  

For me it's either 'when he shines' (he changes colours just like a chameleon that can't find the mood) or the song 'you've learned to live without me. Jut love the lyrics of this song, it sounds so sad when Sheena sings it, as if she means every word.

Hi Sabeha!!

Hope you are well..great to see such a unique post!

I have a few. I always loved the line

"You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink" - You Could Have Been With Me

"I don't want to talk about it, do we have to bring it up again" -Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

"Why do I cry for you? You probably found someone new
And no one deserves ya" - 101

Now that I look at the lyrics, it explains why I am single.. LMAO!!

XOXO

Rob

Email  

Hello Sebeha,
I hope you are doing well and I really like this topic. here is a few of my favorite lyrics I would like to share.

1)"Love will make you wise" WELL I'VE TAKEN SO MANY WRONG TURNS IN MY LIFE TO COME HOME TO THIS PLACE
WITH YOU SLEEPING HERE BESIDE ME
YOUR SOFT HAND RESTING ON MY FACE
AND WHEN YOU WAKE I'LL SEE THE VERY BEST OF ME SHINING RIGHT THERE IN YOUR EYES
YOU NEED ME AND THAT'S ALL I NEED TO KNOW
YOUR LOVE HAS MADE ME WISE

2)"Forever Friends" CAUSE YOU'VE BEEN THERE FOR ME
SO MANY TIMES
WHEN MY HEART WAS TROUBLED
YOU GAVE ME PEACE OF MIND
YOU NEVER ASKED ME FOR NOTHING
BUT YOU GAVE TIL THE END
I SWEAR TO GOD
THROUGH IT ALL
YOU'VE BEEN A FRIEND
FRIENDS THEY COME
AND FRIENDS THEY GO
BUT YOU'VE STUCK RIGHT BY MY SIDE
AND I WANT YOU TO KNOW

3)"Days Like This" THERE WILL BE DAYS LIKE THIS
THERE WILL BE NIGHTS WHEN YOU JUST CAN'T GO ON
THERE WILL BE SECONDS OF MINUTES
MINUTES OF HOURS
THAT'S WHEN YOU'VE GOT TO BE STRONG
HOLD ON, HOLD ON

Now, I know these songs are not the major hits but I love the lyrics and they mean something to me in my life at times.

I am so glad that you are still watching the list here Sabeha.

Peace everyone!
Robert Sanchez (Austin, Tx)

Email  

I like the lyrics for Forever Friends as well. Always wondered why it was never released as a single. A DJ on my local radio station used to play it really often, and it would get requests from teenagers too.

Well, I've narrowed mine down to these 3 songs:

Miracle of Love:
CHORUS
CLOSE YOUR EYES / LOOK INSIDE / THERE'S A LIGHT YOU'VE BEEN HIDING / LET IT SHINE / RAINBOW BRIGHT
THERE'S A THE MIRACLE OF LOVE IN YOU

WE'RE ALL SPINNING 'ROUND THE SUN / LOST IN OUR OWN WORDS / IF WE CAN JOIN AS ONE / THEN A MIRACLE'S BEGUN
OUT THERE BEYOND THE STARS / IS OUR TOMORROW / TAKE MY HAND / I'LL MAKE IT THERE WITH YOU

These lyrics from MOL talk about finding strength in yourself, and how you're never alone because you can also draw strength from those who care for you. Always light at the end of the tunnel.

Eclips of TIme:
It seems I'm living in a world / Where joy and sadness have no shape / They are both the same

No one is with me / Nothing is with me / All that remains are memories / There is a place where coldness and warmth are Woven into one

OK, I know these lyrics are terribly forlorn. But I like the juxtaposition and how 2 poles are linked together. And Sheena's singing evokes such sadness and desolation, my heart just breaks every time I listen to it. I can just lose myself in the song.

Ne Me Quitte Pas:
BUT IF YOU STAY / I'LL MAKE YOU A DAY / LIKE NO DAY HAS BEEN OR WILL BE AGAIN / WE'LL SAIL ON THE SUN / WE'LL RIDE ON THE RAIN / WE'LL TALK TO THE TREES / AND WORSHIP THE WIND / AND IF YOU GO, I'LL UNDERSTAND / LEAVE ME JUST ENOUGH LOVE / TO HOLD IN MY HAND

Such heartbreak, it feels as though the song was written specially for Sheena. I find these lyrics so poetic (sail - sun, ride - rain, talk - trees, worship - wind).

You can tell I'm a sucker for Sheenás love songs. These are lyrics I can really relate to at different times in my life.

Hi,

Sabeha, so nice to hear from you! It's been too long time we've been in touch...

For me the lyrics must be:

Love will make you wise

Miracle of love

Floating hearts

Email  

For me one song came to mind immediately , "CRY" i lovvvvvvve this song and love the words and her voice, Also " no ordinary love" i lovvvve this song as well, especially the way she sings the ending!!! it makes my gay self tingle!!!!! "its only u ,no other heart will do ,its only u... Tommy

ahhhh, we just thought about it more, the whole song "you do it" If was ever crazy enuff to get married(after 20 years), it would be this as the wedding song!!!

The saddest Sheena song I think is "In the Winter." The words are so chilling....

And in the winter
extra blankets for
the cold
Fix the heater, getting old
You are with her now, I know
I'll live alone forever
Not together now

Ya, Timothy.

I used to think that, after my parent's divorce, but I'm still haunted by "So, Say Goodbye" I'll probably play this over-and-over if something were to happen...(can't even say it)

Email  

In the Winter: what gets me is that the song reeks with the imagery of the cold: cold, winter, blankets and heater (and broken ones too?).

And then mixing that physical coldness with the changing of seasons and time. Added to that the chillness of separation. And how the song ends with the devestation of being alone FOREVER. That's like a final nail in the coffin of sadness.

Added to it is that there's a dirge like balladry to the tune that almost feels like a funeral song. Wow the pain is so illuminating.

Wow! I feel the pain and sadness.... this is poetry at its bleakest best. I feel this song so so so much.

Love "In the Winter"!!

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com