Combination remedies in Homoeopathy

two or more remedies mixed together and each time you repeat, you give the same combo

Combination remedies in Homoeopathy
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Negative effects of combos

While I do not use combos in my practice, I do have people walk through the door that have used them - as well as allopathic and a variety of other 'over the counter' stuff. Within the recent 'discussions' of combos several people have mentioned treating the bad effects of combos. Could you please ellaborate on what you have seen as negative effects and how that has been different from the negative effects one finds after someone has been on allopathic meds?

Thank you.

Re: Negative effects of combos

This is what I've observed.

Mostly, the potentized remedies have been prescribed to them in complexes over a period of time, and the patient has been left in an overmedicated and
oversensitized state with no resulting cure. This becomes acutely obvious when the remedy regime is withdrawn. In this scenario, the opportunity to
create an oversensitized state has been greatly increased and this is probably why most people shake their heads in dismay when such patients talk about their bad experiences with so-called "homoeopathy".

The patient has been overmedicated and is left sicker than before. This is EXACTLY the same predicament that patients find themselves in when the case has been messed up with over-repetition or overuse of indiscriminate single remedy prescriptions - the bottom line is that the safety checks and balances
built into the homoeopathic method have but all been dismissed. I can't specifically explain *why* and certainly it is wide open to interpretation, but my impression is that the overuse of dynamized medicines has a greater capacity to mistune the Life Force on the dynamic plane. And when you later take on managing such a case and prescribe a similie - even a very conservative dose, you find the person reacts with a very high degree of sensitivity or instability, and it can be quite an effort on both sides to find a suitable method in which the remedy can be administered without causing a great deal of disruption and suffering. In the end, the patient
might be reduced to only being able to use allopathy as a means of reducing their suffering. I don't pay too much attention if someone tells me they've used OTC combinations for their minor symptoms or acute "flu" in the past.

Obviously those types of acutes are non life threatoning and would have happily resolved on their own anyway. That information tells me that their
Vital Force is actually in pretty good working order that it can retune the organism even under the duress of a useless array of mixed conflicting remedies.

What I've found with patients who are on allopathic medicine in chronic disease (e.g. steriods, BP medication, psychiatric drugs, hormonal
medication) is that this has the effect of maintaining a palliative status quo within the physical organism. The allopathic medicine is basically designed to specifically target under- or overactive organs or systems without curing the disease. So there is a continued "stabilizing" effect
produced by the ongoing medication and the Life Force is conditioned or subdued or perhaps opts for the best self-preservation tactic which sometimes means sacrificing other vital functions within the organism.

As you know, it is possible in some circumstances to intervene with homoeopathic medicine to produce a curative effect if the allopathic medication can be ultimately and safely withdrawn. The reality is
though, that most GP's are not open to working co-operatively with homoeopaths, and if their patients become "destablized" the GP is more likely to increase
the medication. The Life Force responds to the dominant influence whether it is a natural or external aritificially produced disease. I accept that
other people have not had the same experience as me and I am not talking in terms of *absolutes*, only to say that the advice Hahnemann gave about restricting
or reducing all *unnecessary* influences wherever possible during homoeopathic treatment is once again very good advice and bears out in practice.

Chris