Combination remedies in Homoeopathy

two or more remedies mixed together and each time you repeat, you give the same combo

Combination remedies in Homoeopathy
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Muscle-testing

IMO a combination is just a different remedy. Simillar to, but not quite the same to mixing the two materials before potentisation.

Only snag is we do not know the exact remedy picture. There has need a long tradition of guessing, sorry deducing what remedies will do from there
constituant parts, long before Scholtern, so this will give us a clue, but only the hindsight of using it, or otherwise testing it will show us for sure.

In my practice I often diferentiate between the final two or threee remedies by muscle testing. Often two indicated remedies will muscle test equally. If
I test the two together, more often than not they will test much weaker, often to the point of no noticeable affect when tested together. In that case I will choose one, or sometimes alternate.

Sometimes the two together will be much stronger, in which case I combine.

One case that comes to mind had been doing the rounds for several years, Herbalists, accupuncturists and two very experienced homeopaths.

Chronic very bad continuos cough. Very elegant, but with a few contradictions. (I thought it may be a mercury case). There were a few indications for
Arsenicum and Nat mur. Individualy both remedies gave a slight 'am I imagining this or is it real' type of response. Together, wow! she was as strong as an
ox! Natrun Arsenicum as a single remedy tested close, and may well have done the job, but the combination (ars 200/Nat Mur 200) tested best, so that is
what she got. The cough that had been troubling her for years cleared up literaly overnight.

Interestingly when she first came to me I was recently qualified, and as she had been to such experienced homeopaths for so long I treated her on a 'no win no fee' basis, and initialy treated her using the 'Pritam Singh method'.(a sequential method similar to those being slagged of here recently, but which usualy works well, if you have patience to put together the sequence of pills) I was not arrogant enough to think I could do better than these
experienced homeopaths using single remedies, I suspected I would come up with the same remedies that they did. The sequential method did help to some extent, enough for her to come back on and off for a few years and pay 50% (it was a no win no fee deal) This was the first time she had seen any improvement, plenty of single remedies had agravated but no amelioration , no amelioration on any
other alternative therapy either. This slight improvement on the Singh method was nothing compared to the affect of this 'combo' though. It is of course possible that the intense antimiasmatic and anti-dyscrasia treatment in the Singh method cleared the way for the spectacular result. We will never know.

Most times however I find combining two remedies that fit less effective (at least when muscle testing, so I don't try them for real). I know there are allready too many remedies out there for mere mortals like me to remember, but perhaps there is a case for proving some of the known useful ones, AAA,
ABC, Mag phos/Fer Phos/Kali phos tissue salts (Great Combo that, Rivals arnica for injuries!!!! great for arthritic/sciatica pains can be good for meonopausal symptoms too.