Return to Website

Sibalenhon Web Forum

Welcome to our Sibalenhon Web Forum and feel free to share your views/outlooks for the development of our beloved island Sibale!

Maliy kamo, kita'y mag-kamustahan ag mag suyat it ato mga pananaw at kuro-koro, subaleng usa kina sa parayan adong lalung mapaganda pa nato ka ato pinalanggang banwa!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

PLS. READ THIS FIRST!

This Forum is intended to encourage public debate.  We expect people to differ - judgment and opinion are subjective things, and we encourage freedom of speech and a marketplace of ideas.  

However, due to unprofessionalism of some users that we have observed lately, "RULES IN POSTING" is hereby instituted.  This serves as guidelines for us especially for those individuals not putting their real names,  their posting(s) will be deleted and the Internet Protocal (IP) address will be banned effective 13 September 2007, for the following grounds:

- Any things or materials contain vulgar, profane, abusive or hateful language, epithets or slurs, text or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature, or expressions of bigotry, racism, discrimination or hate.

- Any things or materials that are defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community, contains any actionable statement, or tends to mislead or reflect unfairly on any other person, business or entity.

As per above rules, we reserve our right to remove any content posted in this forum at any time for any reason. 

Note: If necessary, you may request from the Web Forum Management about the IP address of any person violating this newly established Sibalenhon Web Forum's Posting Rules, for any legal action.  However, prior to release and banning of an IP address, we encourage you that you first present or post your request in this forum for public dialogue and deliberation to provide a fair action against such person or party involved.

Thanks for your cooperation.

By: Sibalenhon Web Forum Management

Sibalenhon Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FY 2007 INTERNAL REVENUE ALLOTMENT FOR BARANGAYS OF CONCEPCION, ROMBLON

Dear Fellow Sibalenhons,

For public awareness, I’m curiously interested to share with you this report as linked below pertaining to the Internal Revenue Allotment (IRA) that our LGU received yearly, as in the case of 2007 IRA. It seems I need to educate myself a little bit on this area how does our LGU function and optimize the use of these resources and revenues for development of the nine (9) barangays of Sibale Island for the general welfare of the inhabitants. As specified in the Local Government Code or RA 7160, the local government exercises the following general functions and powers:

• Efficient service delivery;
• Management of the environment;
• Economic Development; and
• Poverty alleviation.

Therefore, here is my question. Are these the main functions, goals and priorities of our LGU being carried out?

Please provide us your comments/remarks for our better understanding. Thank you and best regards to all.

MERRRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!

Internal Revenue Allotment (IRA)

Country Report on Philippine Local Government Systems

Re: FY 2007 INTERNAL REVENUE ALLOTMENT FOR BARANGAYS OF CONCEPCION, ROMBLON

Merwin,

Thank you so much for sharing this information. I am also not familiar about what you are inquiring. Let us both review the 1991 Local Government Code and follow-up with the concerned officials of Sibale especially pertaining to IRA for Barangays in exercising their functions and powers for:

o efficient service delivery
o management of the environment
o economic development
o poverty alleviation

Perhaps you have much questions and answers required before we can both understand how the IRA of 4Million pesos can be best utilized for the members of the Barangays.

This is very small budget compared to our yearly division's budget of 30Million dollars to spend in the service of electrifications for the area i am working with.

Regards.

Flos F. Famarin
Saudi Arabia

Re: Re: FY 2007 INTERNAL REVENUE ALLOTMENT FOR BARANGAYS OF CONCEPCION, ROMBLON

Manong Flose,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Linked below is the Philippine Local Government Code of 1991 for our info/reference.

Since from this code emanates the power/authority of all our local officials as well as the basis/guidelines of their good governance, I encourage everyone to please read this and express forward your views in this forum for our understanding and for our local government’s awareness regarding to their functions and duties as our elected officials who pledged to serve for the general welfare of our nation.

The Philippine Local Government Code of 1991
http://www.oneocean.org/download/20020326/LGC1991.pdf